Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husbands ex is going to flip out

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
We just found out that we are expecting. We tried for this baby, we can afford this baby and my husbands daughter from a previous relationship, but his ex is going to flip shit!

I am nervous about telling my stepdaughter, because of course she will want to tell her mom, that's her mom after all.

This woman is not very accepting of our marriage, for no other reason than she doesn't think he deserves her,me or any woman, because he doesn't make a ton of money. She has told me this. She got drunk one night and called me telling me he's going to leave me in debt etc. That doesn't even make sense since I handle all of our finances lol

She has assaulted my husband in the past, when we moved in together and when we got married. When we got married, she was two inches from her daughters face screaming at her to say goodbye to daddy and that fucking whore, because you are never going to see them again ( I was not the other woman )

So needless to say, we are worried about her "ruining" my sd's joy over a new baby. And losing her damn mind

How would you tell her ?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elisesmom922
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Sometimes, there is no easy way.You just have to put it out there and what happens, happens. My husband's ex totally flipped out when she found out we were expecting, called us cussing and screaming. And when she found out we were having the boy SHE had wanted SD to be, it got worse. His ex would text me or leave horrible voice-mails. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:10 PM
2 moms liked this

once i started pushing

lizzie_8690
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I honestly wouldn't give a shit if she got pissed. My husband now not yours plain and simple ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
catherine_b
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:12 PM
I went through this too. You just have to let it go and not pay attention to her behavior.

Quoting elisesmom922:

Sometimes, there is no easy way.You just have to put it out there and what happens, happens. My husband's ex totally flipped out when she found out we were expecting, called us cussing and screaming. And when she found out we were having the boy SHE had wanted SD to be, it got worse. His ex would text me or leave horrible voice-mails. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell her without the kid there. That way she flips out on you guys, not in front of the poor kid.

angevil53
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:12 PM
You will have to tell her. It's not fun. My ds father has two ex wives before me that he has kids with. They were supportive but it's got to be hard from their pov.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Who cares.
SoInLove515
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:14 PM
I would say " Bitch , I'm pregnant. Deal with it!" Lol
edelweiss23
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:15 PM
When my ex found out I was pregnant with a boy by my new husband. He sent me an email begging me to take him back. He said he would raise my son as his own(we have 2 daughters together) and he would give me anything I wanted.

I laughed so hard when I recieve a the email the I snorted water out of my nose.
Fallin4baby
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Why do you need to tell her?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN