Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sister in-law way out of freaking line

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies
I had made mention to my family and friends that dh and I are talking about naming our next dd something with the middle name rose, after my sister-example Sadie Rose Hayes- and dh sister sent me a text message saying how her 7 year old is not okay with that and that they have been using the name rose to almost 8 years now and I need to have feelings for them....keep in mind we have seen her 2x since thanks giving and she lives 1 mile away. I was very calm and told her that it was a thought and that my great grandmother and my sister would be the babies name sake, she started crying " after several text messages I told her that we are not teenagers, if we are going to have this discussion it will be in person" so as she is tearing up she quietly said its my babies name. So I told her that since it means that much to her that I will not use the name. But today I was thinking WTF I love my sister and my great grandma, if I want to use it as a middle name then I will. She also said, how would I feel if she stole my baby name, my reply was stealing and using are 2 different things, if she chooses to use my dd name I would tell my dd how cool it is that she loves her name so much and wants to use it for her cousin and also that she is welcome to use my baby names but I am still gonna use them so it really doesn't bother me....it was a middle name and just a thought...we don't even know if its a boy or girl yet and she was being so rude.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:55 PM

name your baby what you want... nobody has copy rights to a name.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN