Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

headache migraine help pllllleeeease

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:59 PM
  • 59 Replies
Ever since I had my baby 3 weeks ago I get them so bad. I am told they are migraines. I had a ct in the ER it was fine.

I have tried Fierocet, Percocet, Morphine, Tylonol 3, Loratab, Motrin 600, and now Imitrex.

The Perocet helped the most but not much. I only have a couple left and won't get more.

If you are wondering how I got so many narcs its because the migraines were making my BP go up so the docs kept trying new stuff to get my pain level tolerable.

If you are wondering about my pain tolerance, I had an 8.5 pound baby with no epi on Pictocin.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PepperWillow
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Bump
PepperWillow
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Bump
mommy_cpm
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Are they sure the blood pressure is not causing the headaches? Did you have issues with gestational hypertension or preeclampsia during the pregnancy? Even if you didn't, it is possible to develop postpartum hypertension or even preeclampsia. I'm a migraine sufferer and I've had preeclampsia with 3 out of 4 of my pregnancies...the headaches I had secondary to the hypertension were nothing like my typical migraines. The only thing that helped with the pain was prevention entirely through treatment of the hypertension.
PepperWillow
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:18 PM
I had postpartum hypertension but it resolved after I went on medication. I'm already off the meds and its back to normal. Just now it was 106/65.

Quoting mommy_cpm:

Are they sure the blood pressure is not causing the headaches? Did you have issues with gestational hypertension or preeclampsia during the pregnancy? Even if you didn't, it is possible to develop postpartum hypertension or even preeclampsia. I'm a migraine sufferer and I've had preeclampsia with 3 out of 4 of my pregnancies...the headaches I had secondary to the hypertension were nothing like my typical migraines. The only thing that helped with the pain was prevention entirely through treatment of the hypertension.
mommy_cpm
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Has your doctor mentioned putting you on a preventative medicine (such as a beta blocker) to help with the migraines? If the meds you've tried don't help and the migraines continue to be an issue, a preventative medicine may be beneficial.

Quoting PepperWillow:

I had postpartum hypertension but it resolved after I went on medication. I'm already off the meds and its back to normal. Just now it was 106/65.

Quoting mommy_cpm:

CuriousArentYa
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:37 PM

I have had a few different prescriptions for migraines over the years and I will tell you, the best thing that works for mine is 2 Excedrin Extra Strength pills taken with a Dr. Pepper (I am a Coke person but Dr. Pepper does it for some reason) and about an hour in the dark staying as still as possible. 

PepperWillow
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:40 PM
My normal BP is too low to remain on a beta blocker.

Quoting mommy_cpm:

Has your doctor mentioned putting you on a preventative medicine (such as a beta blocker) to help with the migraines? If the meds you've tried don't help and the migraines continue to be an issue, a preventative medicine may be beneficial.

Quoting PepperWillow:

Quoting mommy_cpm:

Nursesummer
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:42 PM
What about topamax?
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Same here and works best for me if I take it with caffeine. Better than any prescription I've ever had.

Quoting CuriousArentYa:

I have had a few different prescriptions for migraines over the years and I will tell you, the best thing that works for mine is 2 Excedrin Extra Strenght pills taken with a Dr. Pepper (I am a Coke person but Dr. Pepper does it for some reason) and about an hour in dark staying as still as possible. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kayla2013
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:44 PM
How I solve my migraines...2 excederin, a Pepsi, josh groban on pandora, dark quiet room with a cold cloth over my eyes at times I use Vicks on my forehead. Good luck and congrats on the baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN