Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What are your views on pit bulls? I personally love them we have a year old female red nose pitbull and in april we are getting a male blue nose pitbull its about how you raise them and whether or not you fix them b cuz hormones cause the aggression. Im a pit bull lover and I will defend them.

Edit★ feel free to add pics of your pits or pics of pits in general!

EDIT!! pics of my pit and daughter on page 27!

by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Replies (21-30):
Justine1993
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:19 PM
U should post them any ways I LOVE puppy pictures!

Quoting aimhawk:

Thanks! All the colored pictures to show his pretty color are old.

Quoting Justine1993:

Awwwwww he's pretty!

Quoting aimhawk:

They are the only breed we will own. Currently we have an almost 17 month old Blue pit named Bishop.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't own one, but see how they have a bad name. Sad. I don't understand why they don't bring awareness to the dogs that are doing most bites and such. I think cities that ban them could use money better inplaces like awareness. Actually doing something about the dogs that do harm instead of being so gung ho on the bully breeds. Oddly enough they aren't the bully but the people that are actually trying to just do away with them as a whole. Sad actually. What they  need to do is do that to the humans that fight and are cruel to these dogs instead of punishing the dogs that never did anything to anyone. The ones that did it wasn't their fault. IMPO that is.  I have been doing some research and watching documentaries. Netflix has a good one.

MamaTwinkleA
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Depends on the owner. Most I have met like teddy bears! Others have had animal control called because they kept trying to bite the mail man or attack other people and/dogs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by BEXi on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I believe they are loving and compassionate dogs with a terrible reputation.

DerDer528
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:22 PM

its not mistreating him! its not like i put a saddle on the dog and spurs on my kid.. she holds on to his collar. plus he weighs 90+lbs and she weighs 20... not like shes crushing him

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting DerDer528:

Letting a child mistreat a dog is shitty parenting AND shitty pet ownership. Yes, that is mistreating the dog.

waffa
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:22 PM
4 moms liked this

Any dog has the potential to be vicious given the right circumstances no matter the breed or mix.

I have owned pits, chows, and rotties none of which have bitten me, my kids, or anyone else. The only dog who ever bit me was a stray German shepherd-mix looking who nipped my thigh and left a bruise but never broke skin.

Dogs are a product of thier environment; love them and they will love, or teach them hate/fight and they will hate/fight.

Justine1993
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Its great to see that so many people have similar views to mine!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:22 PM

I wouldn't have a dog in my house that could kill my kids, ever.   

* My ex (like all) had the "nicest pit ever" and I did feel safe with him as he could carry tires and logs in his mouth.  But I didn't have kids then.   

TheLooneyBinMum
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Love pits.
DerDer528
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:23 PM

my kid weighs 20lbs and hes huge. he'll be fine.

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

that is so bad for your dogs back....poor dog.

Quoting DerDer528:

i have a pit. best dog I've EVER had. hes just a big baby and is so so so good with my tot. (she rides him like a horse) and if she's doing something that could harm her (climbing in the back of the couch) he watches her like a hawk. so protective!♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)