Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

anyone know where i can get a microscope for a decent price?

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:22 PM
  • 14 Replies
My 6 year old wants a microscope i dont want to get a cheep toy one but i dont want to spend a ton either ( she is 6 afterall). I saw a digital one on amazon and thought that might be even better than a regular one because she can look at anything close up. Any ideas /thoughts/ suggestions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:25 PM

See if your local university have any they are selling?

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Hmmmmm

Quoting Anonymous:

See if your local university have any they are selling?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:28 PM

if you're talking about the Dino-Lite, go for it!  I played with one of those once and it was awesome!

stargazerwolf
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Amazon does have some good ones, Toys R Us has some (some might be decent) and even Hobby Lobby has some that are decent. I also want to get a microscope for my almost 5 year old :) I used to have one as a kid and used it all the time to look at lake water, rain water, grass, etc. lol Most that aren't too pricey aren't going to be digital though.

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Oh? The one i saw was hand held i just saw it on amazon it looked cool and really great for a kid because she wouldnt be stuck only looking at stuff that will fit on a slide

Quoting RiotousDigits:

if you're talking about the Dino-Lite, go for it!  I played with one of those once and it was awesome!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:33 PM
I thought the digital one would be cool because she could look at anything

Quoting stargazerwolf:

Amazon does have some good ones, Toys R Us has some (some might be decent) and even Hobby Lobby has some that are decent. I also want to get a microscope for my almost 5 year old :) I used to have one as a kid and used it all the time to look at lake water, rain water, grass, etc. lol Most that aren't too pricey aren't going to be digital though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:35 PM

AND you can take pictures with it.

many interesting science project possibilities ahead.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Quoting stargazerwolf:

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Dino-Lite @ Amazon

You can buy a stand for it, too.  I definintely would

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Oh? The one i saw was hand held i just saw it on amazon it looked cool and really great for a kid because she wouldnt be stuck only looking at stuff that will fit on a slide

Quoting RiotousDigits:

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:37 PM
I sometimes don't know how this child comes up with these ideas lol I showed her I got pink salt at Costco today and she said she needs a microscope so she can look at it closer lol.

Quoting RiotousDigits:

AND you can take pictures with it.

many interesting science project possibilities ahead.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Quoting stargazerwolf:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidyns_mommy
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Sil (14) wanted a telescope for Christmas. A real one not a toys r us cheap plastic one. We got one for 5$ at the thrift store close by because they didn't know anything about it, and it was missing a few pieces.called the company spent 70.00 on parts & shipping. Got an over 300.00 telescope for 75 dollars :)

You could check there is my point lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN