Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You are a terrible dog owner...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 245 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Do you agree or disagree with the post?

Options:

Agree

Disagree

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 225

View Results

-if your animal is over six months old, healthy, and uses your house as its toilet

-if the dog is chained up

-if you let your children ride your dog

-if you ignore behavior problems, potentially dangerous, because you have fooled yourself into thinking bad habits cannot be fixed

-if you do not provide well-care vet visits

-if you do not do everything in your power to address issues before getting rid of an animal

-if, when you must part with a pet, you just drop it at the local shelter without exploring other avenues first

Pets are no different than children IN THAT THEY NEED OUR CARE TO SURVIVE (literal bishes)...if you don't want to care for them, don't freaking have them. Simple.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:49 PM
2 moms liked this

the things you listed is bad if you own cats, but perfectly fine for all other animals

banana-bear
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:50 PM
4 moms liked this
I agree for the most part. However, I adopted my dog when she was 8 months old and it took a good week to train her to go outside. Doesn't make me a bad dog owner....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:51 PM
9 moms liked this

our dog is chained up outside since we dont have a fence, our 3 yr old LOVES getting on his back and trying to ride him, we dont take him to the vet unless he is sick,  if we had to part with the dog, then he would go to a friends farm.  if our dog EVER bites our children, reguardless of who's at "fault" the dog will be put down, no questions. 

eta: a dog *IMO* is an animal. not my child. we would also send our dog to the farm for a few reasons.. we love him and will miss him when he dies, however, there are a few situations where we will 100% put our kid/job opportunities ahead of the dog.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Some exceptions obviously apply. That wasn't your fault.

Quoting banana-bear:

I agree for the most part. However, I adopted my dog when she was 8 months old and it took a good week to train her to go outside. Doesn't make me a bad dog owner....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Even pugs?!
Lol

Quoting thetrollcat:

the things you listed is bad if you own cats, but perfectly fine for all other animals

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:52 PM

The vet visits should be mandatory, yes you are bad if you have a animal and don't keep up with its health. The rest is subjective.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:53 PM

pugs are considered feline they act like em.

Quoting Anonymous:

Even pugs?!
Lol

Quoting thetrollcat:

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Why isn't the dog inside? Why are you allowing the kid to use the dog as a pony?

Quoting Anonymous:

our dog is chained up outside since we dont have a fence, our 3 yr old LOVES getting on his back and trying to ride him, we dont take him to the vet unless he is sick,  if we had to part with the dog, then he would go to a friends farm.  if our dog EVER bites our children, reguardless of who's at "fault" the dog will be put down, no questions. 

eta: a dog *IMO* is an animal. not my child. we would also send our dog to the farm for a few reasons.. we love him and will miss him when he dies, however, there are a few situations where we will 100% put our kid/job opportunities ahead of the dog.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:54 PM
3 moms liked this
Yeah sounds like their talking about you

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Just checking.

I always thought of them like Odie from Garfield...

Quoting thetrollcat:

pugs are considered feline they act like em.

Quoting Anonymous:

Even pugs?!

Lol

Quoting thetrollcat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)