Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I judge grown women who UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 112 Replies
8 moms liked this
Post such childish things for updates. Such as sigh just want to sleep forever sigh sigh sigh or those who cannot stop gushing over there SO and post constant little notes on their wall so everyone can see it. In my opinion if you're posting that much you're trying to make yourself believe it. Therefore it probably isn't as good as you make it sound. If you constantly have to complain about your life, I wonder if you take the time to stop and think of how to change whatever depressing situation it is.

To note: I'm happily married, but do not tell my DH how sweet and awesome and how much I just oh so love him EVERY.SINGLE.DAY on a social networking site, I say it to him and show it daily. I don't post depressing posts about how bad my life is because I actively work to change a situation I find unhappy.

UPDATE: garnet83:

Agreed. I don't care how much you feel the need to gush over your S/O. Send him a private message. He's the one who needs to hear it, not me. Now, I don't mind the occasional brag like, "I came home to my favorite dinner on the table, a clean house, and candles. XYZ is such a great husband/boyfriend/whatever." That's lovely and something like that FROM TIME TO TIME is nice.

That summed it perfectly. I understand there are cases where this is sweet and looked upon with awe but there is a such thing as too much. A relationship is between two, not all of your friends on facebook and some. The sweet posts are okay once in a while, but everyday, and you're just annoying and look insecure. As for the depressing posts, it takes as much will to decide hey I'm going to post on Facebook how much I hate my life as it does to change your life.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crumpy_gat
by No. on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:11 AM
6 moms liked this

The only thing that bugs me is constant negativity--FML, my life sucks, I'm sick of this, blahblahblah.  STFU

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I never know what to put on my facebook page, so I just don't. I'd rather ramble about odd things on CM, than to tell about my boring life on facebook.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:13 AM
I they're so sick of it, they should focus on changing it. Gets tiring for those of us who have to read that.

Quoting crumpy_gat:

The only thing that bugs me is constant negativity--FML, my life sucks, I'm sick of this, blahblahblah.  STFU

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:14 AM
Same! If I do say anything it's a small update here and a picture there, etc.

Quoting Anonymous:

I never know what to put on my facebook page, so I just don't. I'd rather ramble about odd things on CM, than to tell about my boring life on facebook.

hootowl21
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:15 AM
I also find those things annoying.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lendales_mommi
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:16 AM
2 moms liked this

I have to agree with the SO shout outs every five seconds...what really makes me laugh is those followed a day later by "single" or "its complicated" LMFAO But yea the negative shit gets really old....fishing for compliments in pics "dont i look hot" ugghhh seriously LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:16 AM

I agree....the woman who has to constantly post "my hubby is perfect we are so in love" etc is obviously in secure and having issues, trying to convince everyone that she doesn't...the girl that is negative all the time, needs to work on the situation, and cancel the pity party!

hootowl21
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:17 AM
1 mom liked this
But I'm also sure people find my updates annoying too. I usually just post about stuff my kids say or do. The occasional baseball or walking dead update thrown in as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Haha or the "as long as I have ____ ill always be okay" type ones then not to much surprise a new post is up about how they're single and proud, gonna do "them" for a while, screw guys and all the rest.

Quoting lendales_mommi:

I have to agree with the SO shout outs every five seconds...what really makes me laugh is those followed a day later by "single" or "its complicated" LMFAO But yea the negative shit gets really old....fishing for compliments in pics "dont i look hot" ugghhh seriously LOL

horseap
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:20 AM
1 mom liked this

My sister is constantly posting depressing song lyrics about how life is so hard and love is cruel and wicked.  YOURE 14!!!!  Why cant kids just be kids and happy.  Ok vent over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN