Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yay! I *might be* an aunt!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
My BILs potential baby mama just had her baby. It's a boy. We don't know the name. Supposedly it looks like him.

This girl is very hostile. She told my BIL that he was a POS and she wished he would die.

It's sad because he used to be, but he has really turned his life around. He's in school to become a welder and is working now.

He is going to have to petition the courts to get a DNA test done because if the baby is his he wants to be involved. He wants to pay child support and have visitation time. I'm proud of him because some *boys* would walk away just to get out of paying child support.

I wonder how long it will take for him to get the DNA test to establish paternity through the courts? I really hope if it is his he gets to have visitation time with him.

I know if this baby is the newest member of the family it will be spoiled rotten!

I really hope this girl realizes that even if she doesn't like her sons dad it's still his dad and it's important for little boys to have their dad!

Anybody go through a similar situation? Any advice? I hope it's not months before we get to see the baby if it is ours!!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angie729
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:19 AM

Hope all works out well for your bil and family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:21 AM
I have an almost 5 year old niece I've never met because her mother is a junkie psycho. But my BIL is a fucking moron who can't stay out of jail, so that poor kid is gonna have a rough go of it. :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:38 AM
Aw poor kid.

I wonder if your parents could attempt to get "grandparent's rights" to see their grandchild?

Quoting Anonymous:

I have an almost 5 year old niece I've never met because her mother is a junkie psycho. But my BIL is a fucking moron who can't stay out of jail, so that poor kid is gonna have a rough go of it. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:40 AM
I hope so too. Our state is big on father's rights, so it's likely they'll grant him time with the baby if it is his.

Heck if she doesn't breastfeed he might even get 50/50 custody. Who knows?

Quoting angie729:

Hope all works out well for your bil and family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:30 AM
Bump
baquick
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:32 AM
Df's paternity test and court proceedings took like 2 months? I think? I'm not sure it was before we met.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
baquick
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:32 AM
Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:01 AM
That's not too bad. Did he have a lawyer?

Quoting baquick:

Df's paternity test and court proceedings took like 2 months? I think? I'm not sure it was before we met.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:03 AM
Also, how old was his child?

I'm just curious if they treat custody/visitation differently with an infant.

Quoting baquick:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:20 AM
I have been waiting to get the dna test but its thru welfare office . My babe's dad won't help out with our lil girl . The welfare office takes a long time , i have been waiting five months .

I have a question , I was thinking of contacting my babys sister& mother , to tell them about the lil girl but my friend said I shouldn't . If ur bil never told you would you want the girl to tell the family ?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)