Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I feel like I am repeating my Mother's mistakes!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

She was divorced with 2 daughters and it looks like I am on that same path!  I just feel pathetic like no matter how hard I tried not to walk along her same path, I walked right into her shoes!!  There are certain things I can look past to not push with this divorce but he has done things that I cannot look past much less forgive or be able to look at myself in the mirror if I do forgive him for it!

Ugh!! I hate this!!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Everyone's path is different... Might have same components but a different experience. It's not pathetic, it's life. You just have to push forward and think of your kids... Sometimes forgiveness is the hardest thing to accomplish... It's having to let to go of the anger and rise above what's been done to you. If you feel as though it compromises you as a woman, a human being or a mother then no one can fault you for doing what is necessary for you.
0Kit0
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:38 AM
Me too but you have to do what's best for you. Sit down think about where you're going. Set some goals to get there and do it. Don't let the similarities slow you down. It's your life so you get to make the decisions. Good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
teal_phoenix
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:49 AM

Regardless, you are still your very own unique person. Don't think for a second that you are a failure. Think of what you want to accomplish in life...*hugs* You know what is right for you  and regardless of your mom, this is something that would have happened, from the sounds of it. Do not be hard on yourself.

He sounds like he is the one who has hurt you and betrayed you. You can only take so much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)