Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dose anyone else have bi-polar..

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:25 AM
  • 13 Replies

or any other for of depression ???

I do i have bi- polar   but its taking me for ever to get my medication from my dam doctor so i go threw massive mood swings  mostly try to stay away from the kids   ill go to the laundry room  till my crying or anger goes away ...

i know what i have to do to not affect my children  it just be nice to get my medication soon ..

Daniella

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Sorry. That sucks. I hear St.John's Wort works well. Maybe you can try that in the mean time? Hope you get your meds soon!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:26 AM

I know a woman who says she's bipolar, but she's really an alcoholic.

Dani3lla
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:30 AM

i know is a form of self medication  i quit drinking   due to it it added to depression and just adds bad judment..  so it pure non-alcoholic beer for me ..  now if i could quit smoking lol 0.o

Daniella

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not bi-polar, but I suspect my dd is. She is now 30 years old, but since she was 12 she has had severe mood swings, sudden outburst of anger. Screaming and cussing and even making things up. Like blaming me for whatever she's mad about. She lies to people trying to make me look bad. I have tried to protect her all her life, not telling family and friends how bad she was acting. She hasn't spoke to me in 6 months now, but still tells family that I've done things to her and have caused her to have so much loss in her life etc.....

Does this sound like bi-polar to you? She's never been to a dr for this. She won't listen to me if I tried to get her to go. I do blame myself for not figuring thiis out while she was a teenager, I just thought she was a very moody, angry teenager........it's gotten worse over the years.

I am glad that at least you are aware of yourself having bi-polar and are trying to protect your kids. My dd has 4 kids and she goes off on them all the time. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:35 AM
I'm bi-polar, have serve depression anxiety, ADHD and PTSD.

I take no meds for any of them I've learned self coping. skills and what my triggers are for my manic states. It's been about six months since I was in a manic state.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:39 AM
I'm not bipolar but I was diagnosed as a mild depressive with severe depressive episodes. I'm not medicated, I just deal with it the best I can. :-)
AleaKat
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:40 AM
My sister is bi polar has been for years but she recently discovered her testosterone levels are super high which could cause all the symptoms of being bi polar.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2lilladybugs
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:44 AM
I do. I am bi-polar and also have depression. I am not currently on medicine either, due to no insurance (can't afford it); so I also can have major mood swings. I also suffer from migraine headaches. The migraines and bi-polar mood swings are very strong around my cycle time. I'm sorry you deal with this too. It sucks. I took Zoloft.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dani3lla
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:50 AM

could be  but doctor oppinions are always best ...

i know i can yell and scream for the smallest things  but there is only so much u can blam on others..

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not bi-polar, but I suspect my dd is. She is now 30 years old, but since she was 12 she has had severe mood swings, sudden outburst of anger. Screaming and cussing and even making things up. Like blaming me for whatever she's mad about. She lies to people trying to make me look bad. I have tried to protect her all her life, not telling family and friends how bad she was acting. She hasn't spoke to me in 6 months now, but still tells family that I've done things to her and have caused her to have so much loss in her life etc.....

Does this sound like bi-polar to you? She's never been to a dr for this. She won't listen to me if I tried to get her to go. I do blame myself for not figuring thiis out while she was a teenager, I just thought she was a very moody, angry teenager........it's gotten worse over the years.

I am glad that at least you are aware of yourself having bi-polar and are trying to protect your kids. My dd has 4 kids and she goes off on them all the time. 

Daniella

Dani3lla
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:51 AM

i know there are a lot of diffrent places that offer finacial assistance for medicatins with ppl with out insurence u should look it up few doctors do payment plans witch is nice

Quoting 2lilladybugs:

I do. I am bi-polar and also have depression. I am not currently on medicine either, due to no insurance (can't afford it); so I also can have major mood swings. I also suffer from migraine headaches. The migraines and bi-polar mood swings are very strong around my cycle time. I'm sorry you deal with this too. It sucks. I took Zoloft.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN