Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it really so awful to walk in the rain?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
It seems a couple of my neighbors feel sorry for me when I walk to the bus stop and its raining. I have a great rain cover for my daughter's stroller that keeps her completely dry and I have umbrellas for the boys. If its pouring or storming we don't walk. Just a slow rain or shower and we do. My boys love to walk in the rain and they're bone dry when they get on the bus. Is it really that big of a deal?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paigesmommy5264
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:49 AM
No? I walk my kids to the bus stop every day no matter what its like. They have to go to school.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:52 AM

No we walk too. Our carport is behind the house on a different street and the bus stop is 6 houses down. It would take longer to drive around the block than to walk to the bus stop. Really just a waste of time and gas. There have been days where we waited on the porch until we saw the bus coming so we werent stuck standing in the rain and wind for too long but other than that it doesnt bother us. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:53 AM
LOL, that was my thought but I heard it from another neighbor that one feels sorry for me walking "those kids down the road in the rain". And one stopped me last week and asked if I always walked them when it was raining or cold with a weird look on her face. We've loved in extremely cold temps and I've walked them to the bus in single digits, snow, etc. I figured as long as they were dressed appropriately its no big deal.

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

No? I walk my kids to the bus stop every day no matter what its like. They have to go to school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:54 AM
I have no issues walking in the rain. I just don't wanna be wet throughout my day. And I despise umbrellas. Lol. hey if it's working then great!
bethgoedeken
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I love walking in the rain!

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Lol, we live in western WA.  If I was afraid to walk in the rain, I"d never leave the house!

2monstersmommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I really enjoy walking in the rain! I don't really like my kids out in it, but they love it too! 

It's just water....

As long as they are dressed right it's okay...

unusualmom
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I work outside.  Rain doesnt bother me at all.  Ice bothers me.  Rain isnt going to hurt anyone and it builds character for you kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:56 AM

my ds jsut sits on the front porch when its raining since the bus picks him up in the driveway so he just has to walk a few feet to the bus when its raining or when its really windy outside...when its TOO cold he will stay in the house where its warm and then i call him outside when the bus is here.

goddiddlyumshis
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:57 AM
nope! we love walking in the rain!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)