Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Drama at my house yesterday. (Long, but worth the read.)

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:01 AM
  • 297 Replies

So, to start off, I'll just let you all know that my SO's friend Mitch lives with us because his parents were charging him $400 for rent (he's only 20 years old), whereas we charge him $200. Anyway, here's the story.

For the past few days (today excluded) Mitch's friend Nathan has been messaging him on Facebook begging him for $150. He claims that it's for a fine that he needs to pay for underage drinking, or he'll go to jail and get a fine for running (wtf?). Here's the thing though, he's totally lying. Here's how we know:

- He just got out of jail the day before he started messaging Mitch for unpaid fines. He claims that the police "forgot" about this fine when he was in jail and that they "remembered" the day after he got out. Bullshit, every unpaid fine is in their system.

- If he got taken to jail, he wouldn't get a fine for running... that makes no fucking sense.

- He's always extremely strung out on some kind of drug, so we figure it's for a fix (since he's probably going through withdrawls since he was in jail for a week).

Mitch was ignoring him, because he has borrowed him money countless times in the past (never in amounts as big as he's asking for now) and he has never gotten the payment back that was promised to him.

So, onto yesterday...

It was about 1pm, me, DS, and SO were napping and Mitch was awake in the living room. He had been getting messages from Nathan all day asking for the money. 

All of a fucking sudden, there was seriously loud & hard POUNDING on our door. I was thinking WTF and I was mad because I was napping (hadn't been sleeping much lately) and so was DS. At first I didn't think it would be Nathan, I thought it might have been our landlord or something. But of course through the window of our door I see this fucking scrubby little scrawny ass loser with dreadlocks.

I swung open the door and I said "FUCKING SERIOUSLY. My kid is sleeping. I'm sleeping. Mark is sleeping. WHAT THE FUCK?"

And he goes "I don't care. I know Mitch is here."

I lied and said "Well he's in the shower right now. Come back later."

He said "I'm not fucking leaving until I talk to him."

So I just shut the door in his face (it was locked).

About 2 or 3 minutes later he starts trying to pick the lock on our door! SO woke up and was PISSED.

He went and opened the door and said "WHAT DO YOU WANT?!?"

Nathan just said "Mitch!"

SO let him in and once he gets inside he goes "Yeah, SHE made me wait outside, wouldn't even let me wait at the fuckin' kitchen table."

SO went to get Mitch to talk to him so he'd finally fucking leave.

At this point our DS is awake, so I walk up to Nathan and say "You know, it's SOOOOO fucking cool that my kid is up because of you."

He goes "I don't care. Learn to answer the door."

I said "Learn to take a hint and go away." and I walked away.

SO, DS, and I were sitting in the living room; Mitch and Nathan were talking in the kitchen so we could hear pretty much everything. 

After that, it was about 45 minutes of him begging Mitch for the money; explaining all these ways he's going to pay him back (he offered Mitch his old shoes as collateral, LMFAO) and how his life is SOOOO bad, even though he made it that way.

Mitch didn't give in, he told him he couldn't give him the money because a) he needs the money for his car, and b) he knows he won't pay him back.

THEN Nathan had the balls to ask SO for half of the $150! He said "Um, no."

Nathan then called Mitch "selfish" and "stingy" (at this point I was in our bedroom putting DS back down for a nap) and slammed the chair into the kitchen table (he broke our table).

I said "Don't be fucking slamming shit in my house."

He said "SUCK MY COCK." and slammed our back door (I'm surprised the glass didn't break, that's how hard he slammed it).

Like, wow. And we could all tell by looking at him that he was seriously strung out on some kind of drug. 

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
edelweiss23
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:05 AM
18 moms liked this
Next time he shows up I would call the cops
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:05 AM
4 moms liked this
Why didn't you call the cops? Send his ass back to jail
anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:05 AM
20 moms liked this

your first mistake was not calling the cops the minute he started picking your lock. 

Sorry, but you and your SO made the choice to let him in your house...

My BIL has tried to bring his drama into my house before. I told the little punks that showed up to leave or have the cops down their ass.

2monstersmommy
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:06 AM
6 moms liked this

And your SO didn't chase the dude and break his fucking face? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:06 AM
And your SO let him in your house???? Seriously? Call the cops! I would never ever let someone like that in MY home and around MY children!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:06 AM
I would have called the police and have them lock his ass up again. He disturbed the peace, vandalized your home by breaking your table, and he attempted to break and enter. Fuck that noise. You don't need that crap around your family. If he pulls something like that again, call the police.

Maybe it's time for Mitch to look for his own place. He's 20. Tell him to man up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShanesMommy2012
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:08 AM

He only let him in because he used to regularly hang out at our house (before I got pregnant with our DS) and he never caused drama or did anything like that before. 

Quoting Anonymous:

And your SO let him in your house???? Seriously? Call the cops! I would never ever let someone like that in MY home and around MY children!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Ummm...wow? Seems like he "won". I would never have let him into my house. You're so tough.

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I agree with everyone. You should have called the cops. 

smushy79
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Why on earth didnt you call the cops or have SO knock him out with the way he was talking to you and behaving in your house????

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN