Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wait! where did you take my ds?!?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this
So I am pissed. Once again if feel my ex inlaws have over stepped their boundries. The first time was a few years ago when ds was 3 and exfil took him on a motorcycle and the shooting range. I told them I didn't agree with either of those things for a young child so whey make me out to be the bad guy to the kids (me and their father were still together then) the next was when exfil was running for senate as a teapartier (I am not a fan) and used their image in his ads.

This weekend they really pissed me off. They go with their dad for the weekend and like usual he pawned them off on his parents for the weekend. I would have happily just kept them but anyways his mom took dd to a baby shower and I asked wwhy ds didn't go. Oh because exfil took him to a funeral. A flippin funeral. Ds is 5 almost 6 and there is no need for him to go to any funeral. Hell my mother sheltered me from the funerals and wakes of even close family members (ie grandparents) until I was in my late teens. There was absolutely no need for them to take him to a complete strangers funeral. I am livid. My exinlaws, my ex, and I all live within a mile of each other as does my family so if it was a problem with childcare I would have happily helped out or found someone who could. I don't know if I should adress this to my ex... my inlaws or just not adress it at all.

Luckily we have had no deaths in our family I have had to discuss with the kids and had hoped to shelter them from this type of experience for as long as I could. I don't feel funerals are a place for children period, especially when said child had no affiliation with the person who passed. He still doesn't know who died or why he was there. Now I am in a position to answer all these questions he has, and although that isn't a problem it is a conversation I shouldn't have to havew with a 5 year old yet.
Am I over reacting or would you be as pissed as I am?

An do me a favor just ignore all the typos. I'm on my phone and it is being super glitchy
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:28 AM
I'd be pissed. Vent on.....

I'm sorry you have to deal with that.
Diva-Mami
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:28 AM
I would say aomething. So im justified when tgey dont see them again
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:30 AM
No, I'd be pretty pissed.
555wife
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I would be pissed and bringing it up to everyone of them!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:30 AM
2 moms liked this
So what if a close family member did pass? What would you tell your kids? Grandma went on vacation? Sheltering kids from normal life is not a good idea. Most of the time.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:31 AM
2 moms liked this
While I agree that a child has no place on a motorcycle, I wouldn't have a problem with my small children going to a funeral. Death is a part of life & I don't see the need to shelter kids from it.
FL2AK
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:32 AM
You act like they are abusing your children. Relax.
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I think you are over reacting. In a major way.

MommyTo5Boys
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Get it put in your court order that if their dad does not have them he needs to inform you, and you have first right to care for them before they are allowed to be left at the in laws.
boldrumble
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Well, a friend of mine went to a funeral for someone he disnt know when he was about that age. When he was in h.s. a friend of his died. He said he was thankful thag hr had already been to a funeral and his first wasnt his friend's. Everyone takes something different from life experiences, so i think this could have a positive impact.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured