Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't want a stranger delivering my baby!

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:15 PM
  • 89 Replies
1 mom liked this
So I had a "midwife" with my son , she was covered by my tricare insurance. I thought SHE would be the one to deliver my son. She wasn't on call when I went into labor! I was really dissapointed. How can I get a dr. / midwife to do all my prenatal care AND deliver my baby? Btw.. I am not pregnant..yet. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CuriousArentYa
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Be induced? 

GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:16 PM
I had the same doctor all the way through each pregnancy. Sounds like you were just unlucky.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:17 PM
You can't. What you can do is get familiar with most of the midwives so your not surprised.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:17 PM
I don't see what the big deal is.
KelissaMaye
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

request that all your appointments be with the same OB, or find an ob off base/post to do your prenatal care. Depending on where you are stationed, there are tons of OB's and midwiferies that accept tricare. It's not guaranteed though.

ETA: I just made sure that I got to know all the OB's that could potentially deliver my daughter (since I am a "COB" patient, there are only about 5), that way, when I deliver, I am comfortable with whoever is on call for the complicated/high risk patients.  

themissheather
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:19 PM
5 moms liked this
Have a home birth. You get the same person start to finish.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Byrd15
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:19 PM

From what I understand, its whoever is on call, so get top know all of the doctors that may be on call then. 

The same happened with my son, I have no idea who delivered him. But it didn't matter, my son was healthy and born. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

anotherhalf

There were a ton of people in the room when I delivered because things were going very poorly.  I didn't know a single one of them.  At that point, not knowing the doctors was the least of my worries.  Some things you just can't control.

mary841108

idk. i had3 different ob/gyns for my check ups but i had the same ob deliver both of my children. i loved her too, she was amazing

MorganTho
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Depends on if she's part of a practice. My midwife was one of two at her practice, and they alternated prenatal visits and weekends on call. So you saw them equally and were familiar with them both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN