Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't want a stranger delivering my baby!

Posted by   + Show Post
So I had a "midwife" with my son , she was covered by my tricare insurance. I thought SHE would be the one to deliver my son. She wasn't on call when I went into labor! I was really dissapointed. How can I get a dr. / midwife to do all my prenatal care AND deliver my baby? Btw.. I am not pregnant..yet. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Replies (81-89):
lga1965
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:09 PM
I consider a two day hospital stay a short time compared to the many years you will spend being a mother.

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

Since when? My birth was not short with my dd

Quoting lga1965:

No, I realize that but the birth lasts a short time and making a plan seems a little bit OCD. Nothing will go the way you plan anyway. Be spontaneous and hope for a healthy baby. I had three babies and I only vaguely remember the births. Being a mom at home was so much more important than the few days in the hospital.

Quoting SoInLove515:

I'm not asking for a close friend. All I am asking for is somebody to be there who is famaliar with my birthplan and my limitations.

Quoting lga1965:

I wanted experienced medical personnel delivering my babies, not a close friend ! I was happy if my babies were healhy. That was all that mattered. They were and I went home ,healthy and happy. The birth only lasts a few hours. The important part happens after you get home.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
needsupport100
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

Sorry that happened to you but thats not true.when i was pregnant with my dd i saw one doctor and thought she would be the one to delivery my dd since she said she would.i went in to labor at 40 weeks ad just got what ever doctor was on call it was awful i had alot of complications that wouldnt have happened if she had listened to me or knew my history.so after that i made sure that whatever doctor i saw when i got pregnant would be the one to deliverymybaby and it worked our great the last 2 times.everything went perfect.i made sure before they were even my doctor to ask if they would be the one to delivery and if they said no it was who every was on call i left and looked for another office

in emergency cases it CAN be true. i also asked my dd's doc, they said, "within this facility, one of the docs will be the deliverer" so i had random appointments with each to get to know them, and one did deliver

my ds was an unplanned emergency delivery-my ob did say that she would deliver, in the begining. but when my life was at steak, i didn't care who delivered as long as they were certified and knew what they were doing it could've been michelle obama-i didn't care

luvmymunchkins3
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:10 PM

My labor alone lasted 2days so to me a 4day stay really isnt that short.and to some people its important to have the person who has been there the whole pregnancy to delivery the baby.why would you want some random person doing it.i almost died that way with my dd because the on call doctor didnt know me didnt bother to listen to me or know my history

Quoting lga1965:

I consider a two day hospital stay a short time compared to the many years you will spend being a mother.

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

Quoting lga1965:

No, I realize that but the birth lasts a short time and making a plan seems a little bit OCD. Nothing will go the way you plan anyway. Be spontaneous and hope for a healthy baby. I had three babies and I only vaguely remember the births. Being a mom at home was so much more important than the few days in the hospital.

Quoting SoInLove515:

I'm not asking for a close friend. All I am asking for is somebody to be there who is famaliar with my birthplan and my limitations.

Quoting lga1965:

I wanted experienced medical personnel delivering my babies, not a close friend ! I was happy if my babies were healhy. That was all that mattered. They were and I went home ,healthy and happy. The birth only lasts a few hours. The important part happens after you get home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Pay cash. Maybe you could find a doctor to do it then.  Probably not though.  Doctors are not at your beck and call.  Sorry. 

SoInLove515
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Sorry but I am not "spontaneous" with my body. You judging me and calling me OCD is ridiculous. Like I said you have NO clue what I went thru. Why don't you remember the birth? Were you drugged up? I love birthing and labor. I treasure those momentd. It is very important to me. That does not make me OCD.

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting SoInLove515:

Quoting lga1965:

SoInLove515
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Exactly.

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

My labor alone lasted 2days so to me a 4day stay really isnt that short.and to some people its important to have the person who has been there the whole pregnancy to delivery the baby.why would you want some random person doing it.i almost died that way with my dd because the on call doctor didnt know me didnt bother to listen to me or know my history

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting SoInLove515:

Quoting lga1965:

luvmymunchkins3
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:36 PM

What i did was fine a small private office and call and talk to them make sure they would be the one to delivery the baby if not keep looking thats what i did and my last to births were amazing and wonderful

Quoting SoInLove515:

Exactly.

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting SoInLove515:

Quoting lga1965:

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:39 PM

my obgyn has someone on call - but also if you have a favorite doctor and talk him or her into delivering for you - they will - they will just drop everything and come even though they aren't officially on call.   

so i had that set up with my first child - but my fav ob came,  the on call doctor from the obgyn came and the on call doctor from the hospital came,   and they got into a fight about who would deliver me,   while my vitals were crashing and i almost died.   

the next was a planned c section and only my ob came.  

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:42 PM

You can't, but you can meet with all that work in the practice's group that you go to.  Even doctors and midwives need a break, get sick, or take vacations.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN