Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i think his wife knows...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
My guy friend has been texting me a lot. He is going though trouble with his wife. Me and him have been friends since 5thmy grade. He was there for me when my ex beat the hell out of me. He was there when my ex cheated. He and I have always called each other
hun or babe. My dh doesn't care. Well i think his wife believes we are having some type of emotional affairs.
Which couldn't be further from the truth.
We just text and talk about our kids, he knows i have been having trouble with my dh and has been supporting me. He has been fighting with her because she hates his job. First she complaints he wasnt working enough, then she complaints he works to much, poor guy cant win.
But neither of us have ever crossed the line of our friendship. No talking about sex, us being together..nothing..
So why is she jealous of me? Why take me off her fb when i have been nothing but nice?
I dont see what i did wrong..
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:57 PM
24 moms liked this

You don't talk to another man about his wife and personal business.  He's turning to you instead of his wife.  Yeah, most wives would have a problem with that. 

anotherhalf
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't want my dh to complain about me to a female friend even though she's just a friend.  He can complain to a guy all he wants and I wouldn't really care (other than the fact that he's complaining at all).  It might not be logical, but his wife might feel the same way.

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
You both need To learn to not discuss your relationship with others. IMO it's disrespectful and leaves the other to form an opinion. It's just not something we do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:00 PM
4 moms liked this

Just because you don't talk about sex or anything doesn't mean that it's not an emotional affair. He is talking to you instead of working through things with his wife. He is coming to you with his problems instead of her. You are doing the same thing with him. Talking out your problems with him instead of with your husband. 
That, to me, is enough. She's jealous that her husband trusts another woman more than he trusts his wife. You and he probably should back off from eachother for a while, and start working through your marriage issues with the people that you're having the problem with....your spouses. 

I've been down this road. Just because nothing sexual is involved doesn't make it any less of an affair. 

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:00 PM
He doesn't need to be talking to you about his marital issues. Just like your husband shouldn't be talking to another woman about the problems you are having in your own marriage. I think you both need to start looking INSIDE the marriage for solutions instead of reaching out to someone else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:00 PM
I agree that you are having an emotional affair.
LisaSmock
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this
If y'all get along so well why didn't you get married in the first place ?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:06 PM

you are wrong and being disrespectful to her. There is so much I could say about this but I will just leave it at that

CrazyLife1996
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Agreed.

Quoting TranquilMind:

You don't talk to another man about his wife and personal business.  He's turning to you instead of his wife.  Yeah, most wives would have a problem with that. 

mylifemylove864
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Yes, I agree.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just because you don't talk about sex or anything doesn't mean that it's not an emotional affair. He is talking to you instead of working through things with his wife. He is coming to you with his problems instead of her. You are doing the same thing with him. Talking out your problems with him instead of with your husband. 
That, to me, is enough. She's jealous that her husband trusts another woman more than he trusts his wife. You and he probably should back off from eachother for a while, and start working through your marriage issues with the people that you're having the problem with....your spouses. 

I've been down this road. Just because nothing sexual is involved doesn't make it any less of an affair. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)