Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you purchase things or do things you can't afford?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies

I make good money.  If there is something I want...I budget for it so that I can buy it,  I don't buy things on credit...with the excepton of my car. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:11 PM
3 moms liked this

ok, good for you?

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:11 PM

me either

missamanda86
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:11 PM

If we cant afford it we dont get it. We have one credit card (thank you US Army) which if we use, we pay down through the months and off with taxes every year, and the only thing we 'owe' on is our car

Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:12 PM

We budget and save. We each have a credit card, but it is used just to maintain a credit rating. The only credit we have is our car loan which is due to be paid off by March.

SadieW12
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I do not have a credit card. Although I am bad about spending extra money if I have it.

lilfishbigocean
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

We do not have credit cards - never have.
Therefore, we do not have any debt.

We do not do things/buy things that we can't afford.
Unless it's something that we have to have, and in that case, I'll loan the money from my grandparents and pay them back (which we've had to do, twice.)

panther79
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:14 PM

We pay cash or debit for everything. We have one emergency credit card that for REAL emegencies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Yepp, I'm a single mom with a teenager. Sometimes things come up with my car, his school, or the house. I don't go off buying coach bags and designers shoes. It's only if I need to use it. I always pay it off though so we are fine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, it's a very simple concept, but poor people seem to believe they somehow deserve every little item that pops into their small brains.  Sad really.

LoveTragedyFun
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:15 PM
We don't need to budget. We buy what we want when we want. I suppose if we wanted something super expensive we would have to budget, but we haven't crossed that bridge. We paid for my car with cash straight out, my husband financed his truck though. We have no other debt. His truck will be paid off this fall.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN