Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

F&^# this small town and the everyone knows everyone BS!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies

Yes I am having a hard time paying my water bill. It was due to be shut off today. I called first thing this morning and made arrangements to pay it so I don't get shut off. All was fine I was going to pay it on the 1st. Then they came and shut me off anyways! I called the water department and she said it was a mistake and someone would be here today to turn it back on. I called again to see when and the lady told me that they tried to call my landlord and could not reach him so they called his father. I cant believe it! that is no ones business but mine! they knew I was going to pay it there is no reason to tell this man who has a big ass month! I was so mad i asked to speak to someone in-charge and she gave me to the Mayor. I was crying at this point. he said he understood and was very sorry that it was uncalled for. I just dont want the whole town knowing we are having money problems right now. this are hard enough now I dont wanna leave the house ever again.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Wow. You live in San Angelo Texas too???

bmcandmmh
by Michelle on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:25 PM

omg the mayor wow

Aleta775
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Why are you having such a hard time?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I grew up in a tiny town and completely understand wanting avoid gossip. 

I'm sorry hun! Best advice is pretend yo don't know what their talking about if someone says something out of place!

redneckmama4
by Loree on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:27 PM
It could be worse. Don't over think it.
nelliesmommy
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Fuck what other people think. Sometimes people fall on hard times. I hope things get better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:28 PM

it sounds like they called the owner of the house, and it is very much their business if the water gets shut off, because I know for me, I wouldn't want renters in my house with no running water!! Maybe you should have made arrangements before the day it was due for shut off?

ksueditz
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:30 PM
That's why I hate living in our small town. Supposedly those in charge aren't supposed to talk about the residents but, they always do. ((Hugs)) momma. You're taking care of it, don't worry about what ppl say.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:33 PM

i thought we had another week n it would have been payed by then. i have made arrangements the water was not supposed to be shut off so there was no reason to call him. let alone his father!

Quoting Anonymous:

it sounds like they called the owner of the house, and it is very much their business if the water gets shut off, because I know for me, I wouldn't want renters in my house with no running water!! Maybe you should have made arrangements before the day it was due for shut off?

schoolbusmom72
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Hold your head high Momma, anybody who is worth their salt wont judge. More and more people are having a hard time making ends meet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)