Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I was raised a Jehovah's Witness ask me anything

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:38 PM
  • 351 Replies

I grew up a Jehovah's Witness.  I left when I was 18 though.  Ask me anything I promise to be truthful

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nickie76
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Whhhyyyy do they go door to door??? Part 2, why did u leave?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:41 PM

What did you dislike about the religion?

delilahsmom1177
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I was too. Left at 15 and now a pagan... Are you of any religon now?

I'm a tattooed,bisexual,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

ilana_ny
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:45 PM
I bet its nice to celebrate your birthdays now :-))
My cousin is JWitness, so is her whole family. They are great people. I love tham, but I feel so bad for her DD, she never had a birthday in her life.
BridgeEbb
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:45 PM

They go door to door because they feel this is the best way to spread the truth to everyone.  They also do telephone service where they go through the phone book and call people.  They want to contact as many as possible with their message of God and his plans for humankind.

I left for a variety of reasons.  My mother was disfellowshipped when I was young and divorced my dad.  My dad started becoming abusive physically to us kids.  The Elders in our congregation knew this was going on and did nothing.  I spent 5 years in and out of foster care and every time I would go back to my dad's the abuse would start.  Then was I was 17 my father told me that when I turned 18 I either move out or stop associating with my own mother.  To me a religion is supposed to be about love and family so I made the decision to leave.

Quoting Nickie76:

Nickie76
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Good for you for doing better for u and your kids!!!

Quoting BridgeEbb:

They go door to door because they feel this is the best way to spread the truth to everyone.  They also do telephone service where they go through the phone book and call people.  They want to contact as many as possible with their message of God and his plans for humankind.

I left for a variety of reasons.  My mother was disfellowshipped when I was young and divorced my dad.  My dad started becoming abusive physically to us kids.  The Elders in our congregation knew this was going on and did nothing.  I spent 5 years in and out of foster care and every time I would go back to my dad's the abuse would start.  Then was I was 17 my father told me that when I turned 18 I either move out or stop associating with my own mother.  To me a religion is supposed to be about love and family so I made the decision to leave.

Quoting Nickie76:

BridgeEbb
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I didn't like that everything I did was under scrutiny.  I felt like if I wanted to watch a pg-13 movie I should be able to at 17 and not feel guilty.  I didn't like how they covered for my father when he abused me and my siblings.  I above didn't like how they preached love but did not show it.

Quoting Anonymous:

What did you dislike about the religion?

JadsW
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Where is Jimmy Hoffa's body?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BridgeEbb
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I actually go to a non-denominational church.  I have always believed in God I just didn't feel that being a Jehovah's Witness was the way to serve him.

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

I was too. Left at 15 and now a pagan... Are you of any religon now?

MrsKoolaidPunk
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I was raised as one too. I left at 16, though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN