Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

buh bye bottles..?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:45 PM
  • 76 Replies
1 mom liked this
My son will turn two in two days and he still takes a bottle. Only at nap and bedtime. (I know! They should have been gone a long time ago!) But he will seriously NOT go to bed without them.

Any advice? I was hoping to just throw them away and be done with them. Lol. I was so happy he didn't take to the pacifier but here he is glued to the bottle.

Smh..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Newmom8912
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Bump im in the same boat
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Um, there are tons of sippy cups out there?  Seems like the obvious answer to me but maybe I'm not understanding something.  Best of luck.

mehaffiesub
by Lil' Frog on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:48 PM
IDK how to help you cause my 10 month old uses sippy cups but we use the ones by nuby and nuk that have the soft sip spouts. I hope you can firgure something out.
mnivis01
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:49 PM
He drinks a sippy cup throughout the day. I tried giving him that instead of the bottle at nap/bed times. That did not work..

Quoting Anonymous:

Um, there are tons of sippy cups out there?  Seems like the obvious answer to me but maybe I'm not understanding something.  Best of luck.

Bertha21
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Idk, my 2 year old still drinks two bottles a day. I haven't tried taking it away yet. :[ Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnivis01
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Thanks. He has used a silly cup since like 6months old.. only at nap/bed times he wont use anything BUT the bottle

Quoting mehaffiesub:

IDK how to help you cause my 10 month old uses sippy cups but we use the ones by nuby and nuk that have the soft sip spouts. I hope you can firgure something out.

Ashkey19016
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:51 PM
I'm in the same boat as well! My son is 18 months and will only drink milk out of a bottle. Which he gets when he wakes up or before he goes to sleep.
MsRkg
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Try to figure out a way to transition him to sippy cups. What do you usually put in his bottle at bed /nap time?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:51 PM

It does if you get rid of all the bottles away and leave no other option.  Is he the parent or you?

Quoting mnivis01:

He drinks a sippy cup throughout the day. I tried giving him that instead of the bottle at nap/bed times. That did not work..

Quoting Anonymous:

romalove
by SakePrincess on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:52 PM
9 moms liked this

Give yourself a timetable, maybe a week.

Make a poster of the week.

The last day is the big boy day, when he is not on a bottle anymore.

Buy something special for each day of the week, like sippy cups, a small toy, etc.

Tell him this is his special week when he is becoming a big boy without a bottle.  Mark off each of the days with a cross on the calendar and a little gift.

Last day, it's a throw away the bottles party and replacement with a couple of special sippy cups and maybe a cupcake and candle to blow out to celebrate being a big boy.

And done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured