Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it normal to skip a period completely?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

I didn't get my period? It's been 65 days now.  And I haven't had sex in 2 years. Wtf?   Should I just ignore it or should I make a doctor's appt?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Are you overweight? Underweight? Serious change in diet? Started working out? Stress? PCOS?

Their are a lot of things that can factor in to no period. Wouldn't hurt to find out though if its something like PCOS.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:07 PM

What is PCOS? 

I am overweight, I have been under stress and have recently lost around 40 lbs in about 2 months, due to change in diet.  I am bipolar and I think I'm getting depressed so I haven't been eating much.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you overweight? Underweight? Serious change in diet? Started working out? Stress? PCOS?

Their are a lot of things that can factor in to no period. Wouldn't hurt to find out though if its something like PCOS.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:11 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Polycystic ovary syndrome is a condition in which a woman has an imbalance of a female sex hormones. This may lead to menstrual cycle changes, cysts in the ovaries, trouble getting pregnant, and other health changes.

Anyway, losing 40lbs in 2 months is pretty drastic, specially on top of being stressed out and not eating properly. That would definitely cause a loss of period.

You need to get on some meds to help balance your moods and start eating healthy again, skipping meals and dropping weight fast like that is not safe.

Quoting Anonymous:

What is PCOS? 

I am overweight, I have been under stress and have recently lost around 40 lbs in about 2 months, due to change in diet.  I am bipolar and I think I'm getting depressed so I haven't been eating much.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I am on meds, they need to be adjusted, which I am working on but it takes a bit of time.  I know it's pretty drastic but tbh I'm fat to begin with, so I didn't think it was a big deal.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Polycystic ovary syndrome is a condition in which a woman has an imbalance of a female sex hormones. This may lead to menstrual cycle changes, cysts in the ovaries, trouble getting pregnant, and other health changes.

Anyway, losing 40lbs in 2 months is pretty drastic, specially on top of being stressed out and not eating properly. That would definitely cause a loss of period.

You need to get on some meds to help balance your moods and start eating healthy again, skipping meals and dropping weight fast like that is not safe.

Quoting Anonymous:

What is PCOS? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:45 PM

If you were dropping the weight by eating healthy and working out, then yeah, the weight loss wouldnt be such a bad idea. But you know that just skipping meals and not fueling your body is not a good way to lose weight. 

good luck on adjusting your meds. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I am on meds, they need to be adjusted, which I am working on but it takes a bit of time.  I know it's pretty drastic but tbh I'm fat to begin with, so I didn't think it was a big deal.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

What is PCOS? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured