Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is teen sex really that big a deal?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:10 PM
  • 406 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Do you see a problem with this?

Options:

No...that seems reasonable

No

yes...teens should never have sex

yes

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 823

View Results

Ok...This will probably get ugly, but oh well.

I really don't see the big deal with teens having sex. As long as they are not pressured into anything and are using protection I don't have a problem with it.

I am not being theoretical here...My dd is sexually active and I am fine with that. She knows how to be safe, how to say "no", and how to deal with any problems that might arise. She knows that she can talk to me about anything and that they do not have to sneak around and pretend that nothing is happening. She knows that I do NOT want to "know about it" (i.e. see or hear anything). She is 17 and is in a long term relationship with a guy that we really like.

I was having sex much younger than that (and less protected...she was born when I was 16) and got no guidance and was always sneaking around.

Owner-Pregnant Brides  Were you pregnant when you tied the knot? Come share your experiences. Will you be pregnant when you get married? Come learn from our stories.

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:12 PM
30 moms liked this

I'm buying a chastity belt. She can take it off when she turns 21.

MalakbelLacuna
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:14 PM
46 moms liked this
I think sex is an emotional issue that I know most teens are not prepared for. The brain is not developed fully and because of that I would not want my 17 yr old having sex.
However, my daughter will know about BC and safe sex. I will also teach her to be particular about who she sleeps with. I dont want her sleeping with every guy she is with. Ideally I want her to wait until she is college age- I guess around 19 or 20
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
K_D88
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:16 PM
33 moms liked this
I'd rather my child be honest with Me than feel like they have to sneak around behind my back. I would rather my dd come to me and ask for a BC script instead of end up pregnant. I would also supply my ds with condoms. I'd rather them be responsible.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mamitamaria
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:21 PM
6 moms liked this

Don't get me wrong...I am not thrilled that she is sexually active, but I am not upset about it either...she felt that she was ready and made a choice that she does not regret, so I accept her choice.

Quoting MalakbelLacuna:

I would not want my 17 yr old having sex. 
CuriousArentYa
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:22 PM
22 moms liked this

I do not think that teenagers need to be having sex. I think it opens them up for emotional and physical issues that they are not yet ready for. 

MalakbelLacuna
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this
well she is your daughter so idc
i just know I dont want MY daughter having sex

Quoting Mamitamaria:

Don't get me wrong...I am not thrilled that she is sexually active, but I am not upset about it either...she felt that she was ready and made a choice that she does not regret, so I accept her choice.

Quoting MalakbelLacuna:

I would not want my 17 yr old having sex. 
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
winkyloafer
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:23 PM
25 moms liked this
They need to focus on their studies, not dicks and pussies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:24 PM
4 moms liked this

I think they should wait till 18, I managed to! Make sure you're a legal adult and can handle the potential consequences (a baby) before you do it. Getting knocked up at 18 would have sucked, yes, but not as much as it would have at 14 or 15!

kgcrazy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:24 PM

well atleast you know about it and she's being safe, but I still don't think its ok

MalakbelLacuna
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:24 PM
lol
yes

Quoting winkyloafer:

They need to focus on their studies, not dicks and pussies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured