Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate all this welfare, WIC, FS bashing!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
4 moms liked this
I don't need it and who cares if someone else does!? Your going to pay taxes no matter what, and they will never go down. If not welfare the government would just use tax payers money for something else. Probably things that are stupid. I don't care if my taxes care for someone's baby. Rather that then Government funded pointless studies and Obamas luxurious life. I guess I can't say it's not irritating when I see 12pks of pop and chips and stuff being paid for with FS. No doubt the system could use some tweaking. But WIC especially is a wonderful program! I don't know why the bashing! You really think because you don't use the programs we are like better or something!? What if something unseen happened. I'm personally thankful that there are programs that ensure our children will never starve or go without health care.

My soda statement isn't ment like people are taking it. I don't care if someone buys soda. I think soda shouldn't be food stampable but it is. And it is what it is. I certainly don't judge the person buying it.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Well that's your opinion :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't need it and who cares if someone else does!? Your going to pay taxes no matter what, and they will never go down. If not welfare the government would just use tax payers money for something else. Probably things that are stupid. I don't care if my taxes care for someone's baby. Rather that then Government funded pointless studies and Obamas luxurious life. I guess I can't say it's not irritating when I see 12pks of pop and chips and stuff being paid for with FS. No doubt the system could use some tweaking. But WIC especially is a wonderful program! I don't know why the bashing! You really think because you don't use the programs we are like better or something!? What if something unseen happened. I'm personally thankful that there are programs that ensure our children will never starve or go without health care.

Pot, meet kettle.

ashybaby87
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:54 PM
I agree with you. There are things with the programs that need to be fixed. I'm highly against People Who abuse The system And Take advantage of it. There's no doubt about that. Plus, as you said, you never know when you could be the one in need of help for unseen reasons.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Yeah FS are here an there. I guess it's the bashing of WIC that really confuses me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Pot, meet kettle.

Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

*Shrug* Idk, but I think people need to be more compassionate.

babybelly25
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Not quite... just because she doesn't agree with their choice doesn't mean she condones the bashing. I doubt she is one of those idiots who causes a scene and belittles people in the grocery store or come here to bitch about what they saw that horrible person buying with their food stamps.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Pot, meet kettle.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! We just qualified for FS and we've had WIC since my first born (just 1yr). If it wasn't for these programs my babes would not get much to eat if anything to eat. God bless you for understanding! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

. I guess I can't say it's not irritating when I see 12pks of pop and chips and stuff being paid for with FS.

Pot, meet kettle.

LOL .

It should NEVER matter how someone is paying . No matter WHAT is being purchased. So for you ( OP ) to even insinuate that it is irritating to see certain things purchased with FS is  hypocritical  .

CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Then don't read those types of posts.

dbush0584
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I agree!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN