Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Of course I'm off getting pregnant again!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

Okay, so you know how sometimes you think about something that upset you from a while ago and then you get all mad and hurt again? Well that just happened, and yeah there's going to be that one person that is going to tell me to get over it but I need to vent and let it out because I didn't when it happened. 

A couple weeks ago I got a text from my dad asking if I was pregnant again. Um, no? I asked why he would even think that and he said that since I haven't came around in a while (since Xmas) that it must be because I'm pregnant and showing. Hold the hell up. He knows I'm in school full time, he knows I have two jobs so that I can make ends meet and pay my bills, he knows I'm a single mom. School, work, and a 4 year old---those are all time consuming things. Monday-Friday I'm either at school or at job #1, Saturday and Sunday I'm at job #2 for 12 hours each day. Any extra time I do have is spent with my child or studying. I work my ass off to make sure I make good grades and the money I need. I've been on the Dean's List every semester since I started college. But no, of course he wouldn't think of those as possible reasons for why I haven't had a chance to come over. OF COURSE it's because I'm knocked up again. What else could he expect from his daughter that got pregnant at 17, right. 

Ugh, okay. Vent over. I don't know why this has gotten me so hurt and upset but it has. I just feel like obviously he has no faith in me. I try so hard in everything I do, and yeah some of it might be to please/prove to him. When he asked I just said that school, work, and my son has been keeping me busy, he doesn't know how hurt he made me. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Bump

Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:41 PM

you've had ONE child. he has no right to assume that.

LilliesValley
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:43 PM
I'd tell him. And also make some time in the next week or so to see him, maybe for lunch or dinner. Just say dad it really upsets me that I'm trying to be as responsible as possible and instead of assuming that I'm busy with work, school, and ds you assume I'm pregnant again. Honesty with family is a must I think.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:43 PM
My dad tells me I pop out babies like a pez dispenser. You just gotta ignore them. Dads just don't understand sometimes.
happinessforyou
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Maybe he's still trying to get over you being pregnant the first time?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Spring Break is next week for me, so I am going to make a day for him. I wasn't sure if I was going to bring it up again, but seeing how hurt I still feel about it I think I will. 

Quoting LilliesValley:

I'd tell him. And also make some time in the next week or so to see him, maybe for lunch or dinner. Just say dad it really upsets me that I'm trying to be as responsible as possible and instead of assuming that I'm busy with work, school, and ds you assume I'm pregnant again. Honesty with family is a must I think.

N_maricle
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Pretty freakin rude.......

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN