Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should I pay for the sweater?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 165 Replies

My friend left her "J crew" sweater over here for about 2 weeks. Eventually I threw it in the wash with the rest of my reds(it's a red sweater). Well apparently it has to be washed and I didn't know that. It looked like any other sweater I've washed.

So the sweater shrunk a lot and isn't soft anymore. She's pissed and wants me to pay for it. The damn thing was 80 dollars! I don't have 80 dollars to spend on a sweater. She even has the reciet and tags to prove that it was that much but that doesn't change anything. I don't have 80 bucks lying around. She's all pissy now but I just told her she shouldn't have left it over here for so long. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Liz_Rocket
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:01 PM
4 moms liked this
No. If she really wanted or cared about the sweater she wouldn't have left it over at your house for two weeks. Tell her you're not going to pay for it and she needs to be more responsible with her things.
thecoffeefairy
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:02 PM
8 moms liked this
I think you should pay for it. You damaged her stuff.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Yes. You should have just set it aside and given it back to her.
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. You destroyed a expensive sweater. I shop there alot and I would be upset if someone messed up a sweater from there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Quoting wkukid:

Yes. You destroyed a expensive sweater. I shop there alot and I would be upset if someone messed up a sweater from there.

Wouldn't you have thought to get it before now though? The only reason she got it today was because she came over and I reminded her again. I let her know the night she left that she had forgotten it and she told me she would just get it another day.

Schleetle
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:06 PM
7 moms liked this
I'd tell her you don't have it all up front, but you'll pay her what you can until you are able to get it back to her. I think to be fair you do owe her the money, but if it were my friend that did the same by accident I'd just let it go.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:06 PM
11 moms liked this
You should pay for it. You ruined it. You didn't need to wash it. You didn't read the tag to wash it correctly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinmommy2010
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Quoting thecoffeefairy:

I think you should pay for it. You damaged her stuff.

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Honestly not really. I have clothes still at my moms and I haven't seen her since may. I just assume I will have her bring whatever's down there when she comes up in August. I couldn't tell you what's there.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting wkukid:

Wouldn't you have thought to get it before now though? The only reason she got it today was because she came over and I reminded her again. I let her know the night she left that she had forgotten it and she told me she would just get it another day.

catrig
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:08 PM

You should pay for it.  You didn't need to wash it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)