Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ugh. She ruined it.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I went in for ultra sound today and I told the lady we didn't want to know the sex of our baby, and so not to tell us. Well what do ya know she focused on the legs and I saw an obvious little "nub" sticking out between the legs. Well what do ya know its a boy.

A little flustered.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Psh what a blow it! Lol and it irritated me because she asked me like oh what do I think I'm having and I said a boy because that's what the Chinese calendar said and it was right with my other two and she just sat there with a grin laughing. Wtf?!

Quoting Anonymous:

Ours said "he" twice when we asked not to tell us ugh
momofamamasboy
by Andy on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:23 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. We didn't find the sex out of my DD. well, they printed out the pictures and in one, it looks like twigs and berries. I thought we were having a boy because I "thought" I could read an ultra sound. When she came out and I asked for the sex they said girl. Both SO and I were shocked! It was the umbilical cord we saw on the 3-d ultra sound. Moral of the story: if you aren't trained to read ultra sounds don't jump to conclusions.

If it is a boy! Congrats!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:23 PM

really??? how is this her fault, mostly, it is unavoidable

Luna091306
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:23 PM

That sucks. I've always wanted to know. That's the really the only reason I look forward to the ultrasound. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:24 PM

lol this reminded me of two things:  1.  I had my third ruined for me also,  I got put in the hospital (day before I delivered) and my mom and sis were keeping me company in my room.  the ultrasound chick came in and asked do you want to know what it is I said no I do not.  Well my sister said she did so the tech said very loud I hope you bought a lot of pink.  I was pissed and filed a complaint and kicked my sis out of the room.   2.  When that same sis was pregnant they kept telling her it was a boy thru 3 ultrasounds it was a boy, she bought all blue/boy stuff.  Went to the hospital and delivered a girl lol  Her stuff was so swelled up they thought it was a boy lol

etsmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:24 PM

She has to take pics for the doctor. It is too bad you saw, but it really shouldn't matter as long as you are having a healthy baby. Congrats to you!  We didn't want to know either and I was 6 weeks from delivering when my doc let it slip. Oh well.

Luna091306
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Huh? How? I had an ultrasound at 11 weeks and we couldn't tell. :(

Quoting kirstina:

I was told at 9weeks that my second was a girl.

Quoting CDMelty:

This is EXACTLY why I never got an ultrasound after 11 wks. They'd tell me to make my appointment on the way out and I just kept "forgetting" until the bby was born and it was too late.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

1boy1girlmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Boys are like that. Even if I hadn't want to know what my first one was he was so proud I just wouldn't have missed it. Now you can plan, it's either a surprise now or later so what's the difference?

CDMelty
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Some people can tell before 11 weeks, but it's not going to jump out and be obvious that early.

Quoting kirstina:

I was told at 9weeks that my second was a girl.

Quoting CDMelty:

This is EXACTLY why I never got an ultrasound after 11 wks. They'd tell me to make my appointment on the way out and I just kept "forgetting" until the bby was born and it was too late.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:27 PM

does it really matter the lady was just doing her job

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN