Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ugh. She ruined it.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I went in for ultra sound today and I told the lady we didn't want to know the sex of our baby, and so not to tell us. Well what do ya know she focused on the legs and I saw an obvious little "nub" sticking out between the legs. Well what do ya know its a boy.

A little flustered.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Replies (71-75):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:14 PM
How far along are you?

Quoting Anonymous:

I went in for ultra sound today and I told the lady we didn't want to know the sex of our baby, and so not to tell us. Well what do ya know she focused on the legs and I saw an obvious little "nub" sticking out between the legs. Well what do ya know its a boy.

A little flustered.
kirstina
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:15 PM
She found the issue with my placenta with my first and told me the sex early with my second.

Quoting Anonymous:

Again, she can be the smartest and most experienced us tech in the world, that doesn't change the fact that the sex of a fetus is not yet visible on an us at nine weeks. She is irresponsible for telling anyone at nine weeks that their baby is a specific sex. This isn't meant as an argument, this isn't an opinion, it is a fact, all nine week fetuses have the same looking nubs at nine weeks.

It IS great that she caught the placenta issue, that is something to be thankful for. Was this baby your first?

Quoting kirstina:

It means she knows more than other ultrasound techs.

Quoting Anonymous:

What does that have to do with the sex? Being a good ultrasound tech, a more experienced us tech or having better equipment doesn't make a penis or vagina appear on a 9 week fetus. All fetuses have a nub, these nubs look the same. The nub begins to form into the babies sex and as it forms it may be possible to guess based on the angel of the nub BUT that is a guess. None of that happens at 9 weeks. She guessed, she had a 50/50 chance at the guess.

Quoting kirstina:

Well she guessed it and was right!

How often can you see a small tear oin the placenta? My ultrasound tech found the one I had when the er techs did see anything.

Quoting Anonymous:

The babies sex is not yet formed enough to know at 9 weeks! At 9 weeks it is still an ambiguous nub! The angle of the nub cannot even be guessed at at 9 weeks!

Quoting mommy74146:

9 weeks? I doubt she actually saw girl parts. @ 9 weeks they are still very little. Hell, the yolk sac isn't even gone completely at 9 weeks. They still have arm buds and leg buds.

Quoting kirstina:

They cant always tell that early and most will not even tell you what they think baby maybe. The ultrasound tech told me its just like a little like and depending on which way the line goes you can tell boy or girl.

She also told me that she was not 100%sure and not to buy pink yet. She said the same thing at 16weeks. She wasnt sure until 25week ultrasound.

Quoting Luna091306:

Huh? How? I had an ultrasound at 11 weeks and we couldn't tell. :(

Quoting kirstina:

I was told at 9weeks that my second was a girl.

Quoting CDMelty:

This is EXACTLY why I never got an ultrasound after 11 wks. They'd tell me to make my appointment on the way out and I just kept "forgetting" until the bby was born and it was too late.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy74146
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:17 PM
I know this.

Quoting Anonymous:

The babies sex is not yet formed enough to know at 9 weeks! At 9 weeks it is still an ambiguous nub! The angle of the nub cannot even be guessed at at 9 weeks!

Quoting mommy74146:

9 weeks? I doubt she actually saw girl parts. @ 9 weeks they are still very little. Hell, the yolk sac isn't even gone completely at 9 weeks. They still have arm buds and leg buds.

Quoting kirstina:

They cant always tell that early and most will not even tell you what they think baby maybe. The ultrasound tech told me its just like a little like and depending on which way the line goes you can tell boy or girl.

She also told me that she was not 100%sure and not to buy pink yet. She said the same thing at 16weeks. She wasnt sure until 25week ultrasound.

Quoting Luna091306:

Huh? How? I had an ultrasound at 11 weeks and we couldn't tell. :(

Quoting kirstina:

I was told at 9weeks that my second was a girl.

Quoting CDMelty:

This is EXACTLY why I never got an ultrasound after 11 wks. They'd tell me to make my appointment on the way out and I just kept "forgetting" until the bby was born and it was too late.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:18 PM
ummm what a stupid thing to complain about.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Well it may seem stupid to YOU it means a lot to me, which you obviously don't understand

Quoting Anonymous:

ummm what a stupid thing to complain about.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)