Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

cps help state of Georgia

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Okay I have an issue. I don't want to give many details because its not my life but I've done as much research as I can on my own and wondered if any of you could help.

This guy I know is married to this woman. They have three kids together. He is unable to be with them right now and has found out that she has left the children (oldest is 5) alone for at least a few hours... car was gone and everything and now he has found out that the oldest has missed 50 days of School.

Is this enough for CPS to take the children?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:19 PM

There's only one way to find out.  Call them.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

twinsnseptember
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Nope

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:22 PM
I will tomorrow but they are closed. I also don't want to give too much info or butt in where it doesn't belong.

The only reason I'm trying to find out is because my husband asked me to.

Quoting jillbailey26:

Master_Debater
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:24 PM
http://dhs.georgia.gov/take-precautions-when-leaving-children-home-alone

^^ with the age, they may consider it neglect
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Georgia had no law on when I children maybe left alone so they won't take then over that. If the absences are inexcusable the school will contact the proper agency to deal with it. Where would they send them if he can't be with them they these petty things he would think warrants cps?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Master_Debater
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:26 PM
http://www.dshs.wa.gov/pdf/publications/22-163.pdf
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Depends. Most counties in ga are pretty lenient on everything but the leaving the children alone.  

I can tell you that ga is not fond of taking kids.  They make every effort to keep the kids in the home.  They will probably do no more than open a case, put the kids in protective foster care during the day and monitor the school attendance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:27 PM
They live on a military installation. I know they have specific home alone rules.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Georgia had no law on when I children maybe left alone so they won't take then over that. If the absences are inexcusable the school will contact the proper agency to deal with it. Where would they send them if he can't be with them they these petty things he would think warrants cps?

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Quoting jillbailey26:

Yeah, because troupe county, columbia county and muscogee county would be pretty lenient with her.

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:29 PM

The police can do a well family check up.  If they think the children are being neglected, they can refer to CPS.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN