Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should I have been told?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
DD, 5, came home with a bruise on her arm. The bruise was obviously from teeth and she did NOT have it when she left.
When I asked her what happened she said a little boy bit her at school today.
When I picked her up no one said anything about this. I understand that sometimes kids hit, bite and stuff but I think I should have been notified of this situation.
I plan to speak with her teacher tomorrow morning.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Perhaps the teacher didn't know she got bit? Did your dd tell anyone?

steviemmt1990
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:32 PM

yes. i think that any incident that leaves a mark or causes injury should be reported to the parent. and should also be written down on an accident report. just in case. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:33 PM
My 5 year old came home the other day and told me a boy in her class punched her in the stomach when I asked the teacher about it she didn't know it happened!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Maybe no one saw it? Did she tell? Biting at 5 is pretty serious...I would assume the school would let you know what happened if they knew about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:34 PM
She said she told a teacher. She didn't say if it was her actual teacher or a teachers assitant though.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Perhaps the teacher didn't know she got bit? Did your dd tell anyone?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:34 PM
She said she told a teacher. She didn't say if it was her actual teacher or a teachers assitant though.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe no one saw it? Did she tell? Biting at 5 is pretty serious...I would assume the school would let you know what happened if they knew about it.
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Yes.  You should have been told immediately. If it broke the skin, she needed to have it seen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:35 PM

They are required by law to write up an incident report and give you a copy.  I would (and have) file a complaint with the state.  My daughter fell on the playground and got a rock in her hand that required a trip to the ER.  I filed a complaint.  Any incident or injury should be documented.

catrig
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:35 PM

You should have been told.

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

It's possible the teacher didn't know what had happened. I assume she's in Kindergarten and is with different teachers at various times. Just calmly bring it up to the teacher and keep an open mind.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN