Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

tubal ligation.....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
For those who have had them...

How was your recovery??

Do you regret your decision at all?

How big is the scar?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Replies (11-20):
Freela
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I'm probably the wrong one to ask, since I didn't have the traditional laparoscopic tubal ligation. I had to have a laparotomy to remove one of my ovaries and the tube on that side due to a large mass growing on it, and had the other tube removed and cauterized at the same time. So I have a good two inch scar along my bikini line, and was really sore for several weeks due to having open abdominal surgery. That being said, the scar is barely noticeable and I have no regrets about getting my tubes tied. I would just be really sure that you're done having kids. We considered sending dh for a vasectomy when our second was a baby, and I'm SO glad we didn't, because we ended up having a third child. I didn't get my tubes tied until she was almost five, and by then I was totally sure that I was done having children!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Bump
paganmommy4
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:46 PM

there is no scar really. One is at the bottom of your belly button inside and one is above your pubic bone barely noticeable. The pain was awful when the drugs wore off. And I regret it every single day

mlmynm81
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Have you thought about Essure? Its just a Drs office visit and there is no recovery time.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Mine was done laproscopically, so I only had two stitches in my belly button.  Honestly, I was fine the next day (although no baths or swimming for 6 weeks).  It was done as outpatient surgery.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:48 PM
I had mine done 5 years ago . I don't remember recovery time. I regret it all the time. Look up post tubal ligation syndrome. I suffer from almost all of the symptoms.
bfountain
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:48 PM

recovery was good and quick

regret my decision Heck no!

they went trough my belly button so u can't see the scar

blue_elephant
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:48 PM
My scar is like an inch long in my belly button, healing was okay, my internal stitches came through the glue, but it was no biggy since the doc just cut them out very quickly, recovery time was like 2-3 weeks, and I wasn't really restricted from doing anything. And there are days when I regret it and days when I'm glad I had it done. I got it ten months ago on March 2nd
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Pretty average recovery, I think. The first week was rough, though. Getting out of bed, rolling over, standing up, sitting down...it was all very painful. I won't lie...those first few days were absolute hell.

I don't regret my decision. I'm happy with it.

My scar is inside my belly button, so it's barely noticeable. 7 months after having it done, it's still a darker pink color. I'm hoping it will fade completely with time. It's about a quarter of an inch long.

shortcakes13
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:49 PM
My recovery wasn't bad at all.. my tummy was little sore for about 4 weeks.... I don't regret my decision... and my scar was 1/2 long... they went in through my belly button so u can't even tell...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)