Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

tubal ligation.....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
For those who have had them...

How was your recovery??

Do you regret your decision at all?

How big is the scar?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Replies (21-30):
PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:50 PM

I had my done 26 years ago after my son was delivered by an emergency c-section. I have no regrets and it was one the smartest decisions I have ever made.

newmommy031309
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I had mine 10 months ago when I had my son I wasnt bad at all scar is really small and recovery time wasnt long at all in fact this last one I didnt even feel like I had even given birth had a baby and then had my tubes tied. Me and Dh do kind of regret it now.. wouldnt mind having another one in maybe 5 years. :(
anotherandree
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Like most women have said, pain was minimal.  For me, it felt like something was stretching inside and that hurt if I reached the wrong way, but went away after a few days.  The original incision was about an inch and a half right under my "belly button", but as my pregnancy belly when away, and I actually got my belly button back, I don't really have a scar.

I regret having it done every second since I had it done.  Some days I want another child, but mostly I don't feel whole.  I'm sure that sounds strange, but it is an agonizing feeling.  My periods are heavier and more painful, like it's reminding me of my mistake. 

poshkat
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

For those who have had them...

How was your recovery?? no issues except for the gas pains in my shoulder. was up and at target 2 days later. i wanted to go the day after but DH and mil wouldn't let me. 

Do you regret your decision at all? nope. best decision EVER

How big is the scar? maybe the length of my pinky nail, right on my bikini line, can't even see it with my underwear on. my belly button has no scar. 

anotherandree
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:52 PM

I'm so sorry.  I completely understand and feel the same way.  Not a day goes by that I don't wish I could undo it.  :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I had mine done 5 years ago . I don't remember recovery time. I regret it all the time. Look up post tubal ligation syndrome. I suffer from almost all of the symptoms.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I had one with my last c section. I do regret it. Look up PTLS before you make your decision.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:56 PM
I had it done and its not to painful but i regretted having it done and i had a tubal reversal. I just wanted to warn u that there are some bad side effects that u can get after having your tubes tied plz do some research before having it done
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:57 PM
I am considering undoing mine. It only costs about 7000. I may have to save for a while to do it. Its a small price to pay for a chance at comfort again. (different anon)

Quoting anotherandree:

I'm so sorry.  I completely understand and feel the same way.  Not a day goes by that I don't wish I could undo it.  :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I had mine done 5 years ago . I don't remember recovery time. I regret it all the time. Look up post tubal ligation syndrome. I suffer from almost all of the symptoms.

Pnukey
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Recovery was awesome - one day down and then back on the go.
I have no regrets. I celebrate with my happy dance every March 15th.
I have a tiny scar right by my belly button and another down low that I can't even find.
And even though you didn't ask: my periods are lighter and I haven't had a yeast infection like I always got while on b/c. Yay tubals!! 

kris182
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Im having mine on the 15 th of next month im nervous . I dont think i will regret it ha ha i have 5 kids 4 girls and then our lil man . Our oldest is 11 and our lil one is 2 and i dont want any more kids . My husband will be home to help for 2 days after that he is going back to work .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN