Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I being unreasonable??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm 36 weeks pregnant and I'm having my first child with dh. My mil has offered to babysit our baby once she's born and has talked about wanted to have baby spend the night at her house- I really really don't want to offend my MIL but there is no way in hell I"m letting my baby go over to her house.

My reason: mil and her boyfriend smoke cigarettes and weed inside there house, and her car always smells like weed. I don't have anything against people smoking, I just don't want it around my baby!! And I don't want her driving around with my baby when she's stoned.

How do I tell her I don't want my baby in her house or car without being a total b*#ch

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Replies (11-17):
TexanMomOf6
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Your baby, your rules. Nothing unreasonable in not wanting stoners take care of a baby! Don't worry about what they say about you. Just say NO.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:57 PM

aint no big deal. i smoked when i was pregnant with all 4 of my kids and they came out perfect. the weed aint gonna do nothing to the baby. its a natural plant. plus driving high is not dangerous. It doesn't impair my driving skills. your just worried cuz its your first.... but youll chill out in time.

thecoffeefairy
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Exactly.

Quoting terpmama:

You don't... That's what hubby is for.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Tell her if she wants to watch baby, you'd feel more comfortable having her watch baby at your house.
momof2.5girls
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:02 PM
I wouldn't worry about it till the baby gets a lot older! Its ur first u won't want anyone to watch ur baby!
calibmom24
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Tell the truth. I would. My kids are the most important things and I would not want their health or safety compromised :)

Two_Hearts
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:04 PM

There is no way around it , she will either be offended or she wont be.

You have to do what YOU feel is right. 

Just tell her , that since you do not smoke cigs or weed you would be uncomfortable with your baby being around it and wouldn't feel comfortable with the baby going over there.

You appreciate that offer to baby sit , and she is more then welcomed to come over to your house to do that favor for you , but that you would rather the baby not be at her place for a long period of time if they are going to smoke in the house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)