Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why are some women so mean toward c-section moms?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:52 PM
  • 280 Replies
6 moms liked this

I just don't understand..Aren't we all moms? Why would *some* moms belittle other moms for the way their children came into this world? I just don't get it.

While I don't really condone elective c-sections (though technically I had one), It's that mother's uterus, not yours! (please don't turn that statement into a pro-life,pro-choice debate)

My story: I broke my hip and pelvis when I was 11. I knew early on that the likelihood of having a c-section was high but my doctor was supportive that I wanted to try naturally. At 41 weeks and I still wasn't dilating I agreed to an induction (not my first choice but ds was showing signs of distress). I labored for 15 hours (drug free) for 1 CM and DS still couldn't fit into the birth canal so I agreed to the section.

I still conceived a child, I carried him in my uterus for 9 months, I felt the kicks and movements and I felt the real contractions....Am I less of a mom than you (general you) because I didn't "push"?

MY question is to those that think that c-sections aren't "giving birth"....please explain how I am any less of a mother than you simply for the way my child came into the world?

I mean no disrespect so please don't be overly rude, I just curious.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:55 PM
27 moms liked this
Because some people have so screwed up self esteems that to feel good about themselves that need to put down others
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:55 PM
3 moms liked this

I get that shit too. I had three sections, two emergencies. I'm still a mom, and a damn good one at that! How I birthed my children has no effect on how they've bonded with me, their health or my self esteem.

People that look down on c-sections are just looking for something to validate the choices they made. Nothing more, nothing less.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Because women who pushed a kid out their who ha makes them all high and mighty super women vice versa to us who have had a c section.
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:57 PM

My medical record says "gave birth via cesarean," so I don't see how anyone can argue that I somehow didn't give birth.

CafeMom Tickers
Aleta775
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I have no idea. I had to have a c section too. I really don't care how other women gave birth to their babies. It is none of my business. As long as they are good to their children and take good care of them, I don't see what difference it makes. People just ignore the big picture. 

brittanyjenean
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:58 PM
BUMP. I'm a c-section mommy and I'm curious as well. Apparently the way my bones are set (doc checked while I was cut open), I physically cannot give birth to a child over 4-5lbs. (DD was 8lbs 4oz)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Because there are women out there who just opt for one without there being a medical reason. Just they don't want to have their stuff all stretched out, even though it goes back.

CrazyLife1996
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Because we live in the world of stupid people.

Yes I have had 2 naturally and 2 by c-section.

My children's lives are more important than how I delivered them.
loving_my2boys
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:02 PM
I had twin boys and since 1 of them was high risk I was going to have a c-section whether I liked it or not. I carried them for the 30 weeks, went to the doctor when I thought something was wrong, took care of myself and them while they were inside me. So I'd say I'm no different than a mother who gave birth naturally, how they came out of me is the only difference
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:04 PM

eh, We gave birth to our kids and we know it. Ignore those douche tits

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN