Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why are some women so mean toward c-section moms?

Posted by   + Show Post

I just don't understand..Aren't we all moms? Why would *some* moms belittle other moms for the way their children came into this world? I just don't get it.

While I don't really condone elective c-sections (though technically I had one), It's that mother's uterus, not yours! (please don't turn that statement into a pro-life,pro-choice debate)

My story: I broke my hip and pelvis when I was 11. I knew early on that the likelihood of having a c-section was high but my doctor was supportive that I wanted to try naturally. At 41 weeks and I still wasn't dilating I agreed to an induction (not my first choice but ds was showing signs of distress). I labored for 15 hours (drug free) for 1 CM and DS still couldn't fit into the birth canal so I agreed to the section.

I still conceived a child, I carried him in my uterus for 9 months, I felt the kicks and movements and I felt the real contractions....Am I less of a mom than you (general you) because I didn't "push"?

MY question is to those that think that c-sections aren't "giving birth"....please explain how I am any less of a mother than you simply for the way my child came into the world?

I mean no disrespect so please don't be overly rude, I just curious.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Replies (151-160):
Jlpmmom
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Same here.

Quoting brittanyjenean:

BUMP. I'm a c-section mommy and I'm curious as well. Apparently the way my bones are set (doc checked while I was cut open), I physically cannot give birth to a child over 4-5lbs. (DD was 8lbs 4oz)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GagaNTattooS
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:57 PM
So wait...if we didn't pop them out of the muffin factory. It isn't giving birth?? Wth is it then a scene from alien????
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rockin2_manyMOM
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:58 PM
It is hecause they are jealous that they had to get all sweaty and push a baby out while us csectioners just laid there for a few minutes and had a baby magically handed to us lol
just kidding
i dont know what the big deal is. i labored for 20something hours and did not progress. My baby was perfect. My second child I was unwilling to put myself through that again. So bam. Two csections. Wonderful kids. That is all that matters to me.
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:59 PM
I have actually heard numerous women state the same thing as i have.

Quoting Devious333:

For me, getting up and walking hurt very badly. I was better off just sitting down and not doing anything for the first few weeks. Very few women I have talked to have experienced a csection like you have and I wouldn't wish the pain on anyone.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

For me personally, my c section was a lot easier to heal from than my vaginal birth. People seem to think that if you have one you should be stuck in bed and watched over, like its open heart surgery or something. But if you get up and start walking,it really isnt bad at all. I was walking all over a major hospital the day after i had mine. When i had my vaginal birth i remember it hurt much worse and i could barely walk for two weeks.

Quoting Devious333:

I don't understand how that's even possible. If women have to have them well yeah, it is easier. I'm talking about elective csections.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

For some moms the csection is actually easier.

Quoting Devious333:

I don't understand that either...csections suck ass.

Quoting EvilAsh:

if the doctors thought it would be safe to try a vbac, yes. I also know someone who literally can NOT give birth vaginally, and I understand situations like that. I just don't understand why someone would want to put their bodies through unnecessary major surgery.

Quoting Anonymous:

Would you consider a repeat csection(not chosing a vbac) an elective unnecessary csection?

Quoting EvilAsh:

Because some c-section moms chose to have one. And that's just crazy in my eyes. I have nothing against the ones that NEED them, but the ones that have elective c-sections, I'll never understand.

And I have to add, it isn't because I pushed a kid out, I feel high and mightly. That's not it. I just don't understand why someone would put their bodies through major surgery for no good reason.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jodi136525
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't consider your induction or c-section elective. It kinda sounds like if you didn't choose to induce and then to have the section, that baby would still be sittting up there.  :)  If elective equates with the idea that it is the safest option or it is done based on the chance that it is medically necessary, I don't understand why anyone would feel the need to judge that.  It's those stories of doctors asking their patients to agree to an induction so that it fits with either the mothers or the doctor's schedule that makes me question whether that is a safe choice.  I'm thinking of an induction so that "my mother can be there" or so "the baby will be born on my husband's brithday".  Not only are those not medically necessary, but can be very costly if there are unforseen complications do to delivering the baby early.  I wonder with those do they tend to result more often than not in a c-section because your body isn't naturally prepared at that time to give birth. 

SunshineMom3506
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:05 PM
2 moms liked this

I've never understood any of the 'mom wars".I personally don't have issues with what other women do because I just don't care what they do.It all seems really silly to me.Too much like high school

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:07 PM
They wouldnt let me up till the next morning because mine was considered traumatic but within 12 hours i was up,and showering. They had me eat and i was discharged, on the way to my dds hospital i went to walmart to get some meds then i was walking around this giant city hospital. People think that because it is surgery that we are stuck in bed, not allowed to move and spoon fed. But in reality it is nothing like these hospital shows. They poke you and prod you till you get your ass up and moving.

Quoting eztwins:

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

I don't think c-sections aren't "giving birth" - I feel sorry for any mother who has to have a section, honestly.  Who wants major surgery and have to recover while taking care of a newborn?  Not me.  I liked being able to get up and walk around immediately after giving birth.  A sore hoohah for a few days seems a lot less painful than being cut open.

And a cs doesn't mean your not up and around either. I was up walking and showering 4 hours after delivery. As soon as my spinal wore off. I took nothing more than motrin for discomfort. And I wasn't even taking that by the time I left the hospital. I can't imagine trying to go to the bathroom with my nether regions all stitched up but to each their own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eztwins
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

Take it however you want. I wasn't being a bitch but you can continue to choose to hear a tone.
I guess you can take someone giving you an example of another scenario as having a stick up their butt and being bitter but its not. It's called sharing.

Have a good day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I wanted a natural birth with my babes, but my first one was a emergency c-section and my second I choose to have a c-section because I was getting my tubes tied and didn't want to come back in a month later, I just figured might as well get it all over at once. I don't look at myself or anyone else who needed a c-section or wanted a c-section as being a bad mom. To me it doesn't matter how the baby was born; it just matters that your baby is okay and in your arms! If you take care of you baby then you are the best mommy you can be!!!

catrig
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Women tend to judge each other. I don't like elective c-sections, but I remind myself that it's their choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured