Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

holy crap, it must've been amazing!!!

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:10 PM
  • 11 Replies

my dh is not one to compliment food, so after 11 years of knowing I've developed a ranking system sort of...

on a scale of one to ten with his normal responses

1: it wasnt even edible

2: it was disgusting

3: it could've been worse, but not much

4: it was bland

5: it was edible

6: eh

7: it was whatever (yes this is better than eh, lol)

8: it was fine

9: it was Ok

10: it was pretty good (this is the best praise he has ever given any food ever)

tonight i tried something new and i asked him how it was, he said "it was actually really good, like really good"

wow! that isn't even on my chart! 11 years and he's never said really and good in the same sentence about food!!! but he also didn't eat very much variety in the beginning... i am just..... well.... very pleased with myself, and it was almost entirely made of food he wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole when we first for married!!! :)

Ok my dinner brag is over! lol when i started cooking it i didn't even think it was anything special! lol

oh i baked chopped pork, chopped red potatoes, yellow squash, broccoli, r red peppers, mushrooms, onions, and spinach with a little olive oil and salt, and then put a little Alfredo sauce over it when it was done

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Are you a bad cook or is he a jerk?

jbirdsladie27
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Somehow I find it slightly sad that it took him 11 years to praise your cooking. Guess he'll be askin for that dish often!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ZsMommy
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry to chuckle-but that's what went through my head also.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:16 PM

And MY Plate is where???????????????????

RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:16 PM

a little of him being a jerk, and a but if him just not being very good at compliments, his whole family is like that, they either think it's disgusting, or it's "ok"

lol drives me batty!

i can't cook chicken well, but other than that I'm a good cook according to everyone else who had eaten my food! :)

Quoting Anonymous:

RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

in the catapult, stand outside with your hands out! 

Quoting Sassy762:

And MY Plate is where???????????????????

Nagons.sm
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:19 PM

that. sounds. YUMMY!!

Hyman
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:20 PM
This is so sad. All the ranking choices are just mean!

I appreciate criticism from Dh and he likes to give me a number out of 10 but the way you describe it is sad for you.

What do you cook and what does he expect? Lol. I'm kind of curious why there's so many options to hate your food ...

We've been married 3.5 years and it took me about 5 years to become a great cook and now my husband knows he better eat what I make or prepare to order pizza and that I DON'T want to hear about how he felt ;D maybe it's fun sometimes but I cook all our meals and he better not say anything after I poured my love and sweat over a meal for him!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:22 PM
We tease each other with "Eh, it's okay." but we know we are just teasing. We don't eat food we don't like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:26 PM

most of them aren't really insults, at least not from him, this is how his whole family is about food... very strange to me but I've learned to understand the "code"! 

he doesn't expect more than what i do. and anything that gets a response from 5 and up i know he'll ask for it again... under  a 5 and he'll complain if i make it again but i try to avoid those... 

Quoting Hyman:

This is so sad. All the ranking choices are just mean!

I appreciate criticism from Dh and he likes to give me a number out of 10 but the way you describe it is sad for you.

What do you cook and what does he expect? Lol. I'm kind of curious why there's so many options to hate your food ...

We've been married 3.5 years and it took me about 5 years to become a great cook and now my husband knows he better eat what I make or prepare to order pizza and that I DON'T want to hear about how he felt ;D maybe it's fun sometimes but I cook all our meals and he better not say anything after I poured my love and sweat over a meal for him!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)