Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Share your best thrift shop find!!!!!!!

I will post photos of mine:) 

1st one is the best tub toy holder I have ever found or used. I got it for .75cents real price would be around 10-30$

2nd is a Red ED Hardy Sweater for my son.I got this BRAND NEW for 1.50 :) real price 40-50$

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Replies (171-180):
Starleet
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:22 AM

Nothing..our goodwill has never had anything worth buying. I have checked it so many times and all the clothes and shoes they get are so outdated or not in very good shape and over priced. I have checked there a lot for furniture but something is usually wrong with it and over priced as well. I wish we had a good one around here, I have seen so many people brag about their's.

opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:22 AM

they were just mad cause you got more brains than money. they on the other hand have more money than brains. I love thrift stores. I find more I like at thrift stores than new stores. :)

Quoting heresjohnny:

Too many to list. I love thrift stores. The last time I posted about an accidental thrift store find, I got tore a new one for it.

4weeman
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:25 AM
I buy all kinds of stuff from thrift stores and goodwill, I usually slap $1 coat of spray paint on it and resell it. Love thrifty shopping! My favorite finds are always the vintage bridal gowns. I own a bridal store so I take them home, clean them up, repair or renew parts and resell them, my brides love my vintage gowns!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:43 AM
If you lived around here you would understand. There aren't any new with tags things being sold. Nothing looks new. Everything in the thrift stores here looks like it was pulled out of a flooded basement 20yrs ago and they're just now trying to do something with it. Last time I was in Goodwill there was used underwear hanging up for sale....skid marks included.

Quoting Seashell77:

another "internet meanie" ........   Borrowed this great label from another mommie on this post. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I never shop at thrift stores. They're nasty.

sarahdryer78749
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:19 AM
I promise you this my husband is a disabled veteran and between all of his entitlements and my pay we make well over 9000 a month I still shop at goodwill use coupons and shop at thrift stores for my kids.. Not because I have to but because I can and choose to. you never know what will happen and with my husband not being able to walk after 40 I am thinking about our future because he might need 24 hour care and I might have to quit my job so we live well below our means so if and when it happens we still can adapt to the lifestyle and still have a life.. This is what is wrong with America living in a lifestyle they can't afford....

Quoting Anonymous:

Hello moron.. Don't have to be poor..WTF?? But yeah find another group.. Sounds perfect.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is there anyone here who does not proudly shop at Goodwill and thrift shops?  I'm thinking this is not the right group for me.  All people here ever talk about is how poor they are.  I don't get it.

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:20 AM
I love goodwill and thrift store shopping! I've bought tons of cool stuff. My favorite find was a pair of express jeans that fit me perfectly for $5.
proudGBmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:21 AM
3 piece suit from st Vincent depauls in wi 30.00 retail is like 1000+ I spotted it my bf bought it it fits him perfectly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:22 AM
1 mom liked this

a used purse with $70 in it!

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Lol I guess you're right!!!

Quoting lendales_mommi:

It goes both ways huh LOL they think we are" poor and gross" for shopping there and we think they are "stuck up and dumb" for not wanting to save a few bucks.

Quoting LAXmom21:

It makes them think they are better than everyone else! LOL!

Quoting lendales_mommi:

Yep so I am still confused on why either of you commented after you read the POST TITLE!!!!!!!!! errrrrrr

Quoting Anonymous:

It looks like we are the only two people in this group!

Quoting nancym3:

I don't. Have no desire to shop at one.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is there anyone here who does not proudly shop at Goodwill and thrift shops?  I'm thinking this is not the right group for me.  All people here ever talk about is how poor they are.  I don't get it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Mary on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:41 AM

I talked to a girl once who walked out of a goodwill with $200 worth of brand new cloth diapers (bumgenius) for $30. She was pretty much set for cloth diapering her daughter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN