Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hair Help :(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

What can I do with this mess? I really wanna go short but I think it will make my face look fatter.

Sorry the pic isn't great but I'm mobile and don't really take too many pics of myself. Don't mind the uncooperative baby :)
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Replies (11-20):
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:45 PM

I would leave it long, like the other said add a few layers. I know mine is long partly because I can wash it let it dry on it's own with a little leave in conditioner in it and I'm ready to go. I takes way less work long than short. If I miss a haircut appt, no one notices, with short hair it seems to always needs to be trimmed or blown out or something. When I'm hot I can put it up. When I want to look nice to go out with my dh i either use hot rollers( I have 2 sets because I have so much hair)or I curl it with a curling iron. I can do different styles, and with a baby there's never enough time in the day, much less time to blow dry and curl your short hair.

MomVsBoys
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Gallery 1: 20 Great Hairstyles Featuring Bangs

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Long bob with side swept bangs

Quoting Anonymous:

I had bangs then they grew so I made them side swept then they grew more LOL I haven't had a cut since I had ds.

Quoting MomVsBoys:

What about a bang (not too heavy) and longer layers, you could wear it up when you need to or style it down when you have time (lol, I know, babies and time don't really go together do they?)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:51 PM
This is true :) Some mornings I'm lucky to get a shower!

Quoting wooly:

I would leave it long, like the other said add a few layers. I know mine is long partly because I can wash it let it dry on it's own with a little leave in conditioner in it and I'm ready to go. I takes way less work long than short. If I miss a haircut appt, no one notices, with short hair it seems to always needs to be trimmed or blown out or something. When I'm hot I can put it up. When I want to look nice to go out with my dh i either use hot rollers( I have 2 sets because I have so much hair)or I curl it with a curling iron. I can do different styles, and with a baby there's never enough time in the day, much less time to blow dry and curl your short hair.

rkkeller13
by Kristy on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:59 PM
For you I would really suggest leaving the length. It looks as if you've got thick hair. So I think you could rock a heavily textured shaggy cut. It will take a bit out the weight and give you movement and volume. Plus it will be easy to style (which is something all mommy's need). I actually wished I could get my hands in your hair, lol. I'm a state licensed cosmotologist, in Wisconsin, and worked in a 5 star salon and day spa. I would also suggest a dark blonde to light brown highlights to break up your color giving you more depth. I'll look for a picture of what I'm talking about.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomVsBoys
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:01 PM

bob with curved bangs hairstyleThe bangs, LOVE her bangs, the rest could be left longer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:11 PM
If I were near you, I totally would let you do what you wanted with it! I don't really have a salon I like. I used to go to one place but my hairdresser moved. I went back but I didn't like the cut :( Why is it so hard to find a hairdresser I love?

Quoting rkkeller13:

For you I would really suggest leaving the length. It looks as if you've got thick hair. So I think you could rock a heavily textured shaggy cut. It will take a bit out the weight and give you movement and volume. Plus it will be easy to style (which is something all mommy's need). I actually wished I could get my hands in your hair, lol. I'm a state licensed cosmotologist, in Wisconsin, and worked in a 5 star salon and day spa. I would also suggest a dark blonde to light brown highlights to break up your color giving you more depth. I'll look for a picture of what I'm talking about.
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:13 PM

I'm doing this the next time I see my hairdresser. I'm already blond so she just has to add some low lights to the front. My hair has natural wave when it's freshly washed and I just ordered some wave products from Sally's to enhance the wave. You just put it in when your hair is really wet, not towleled dry. I have bangs that I like to wear long to hide the crazy eye shadow I like to wear! But I like the style andn it looks easy, just wash, condition, wring out excess water and add a little curl enhancer and go!

\

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:15 PM

I think you have a round face and I don't think you should cut it short. Just have some layers cut. I googled some cute hairstyles

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:17 PM
That's really pretty :)

Quoting wooly:

I'm doing this the next time I see my hairdresser. I'm already blond so she just has to add some low lights to the front. My hair has natural wave when it's freshly washed and I just ordered some wave products from Sally's to enhance the wave. You just put it in when your hair is really wet, not towleled dry. I have bangs that I like to wear long to hide the crazy eye shadow I like to wear! But I like the style andn it looks easy, just wash, condition, wring out excess water and add a little curl enhancer and go!

\

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)