Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hair Help :(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

What can I do with this mess? I really wanna go short but I think it will make my face look fatter.

Sorry the pic isn't great but I'm mobile and don't really take too many pics of myself. Don't mind the uncooperative baby :)
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:17 PM

WoW...was that Julia Roberts all botox'd so much her face can't move?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I like the top pic best :)

Quoting Sassy762:

I think you have a round face and I don't think you should cut it short. Just have some layers cut. I googled some cute hairstyles

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:21 PM

If you have  the least bit of natural curl and it would look nice on you and be easy to take care of. You don't have to highlight, but it does look nice!

Quoting Anonymous:

That's really pretty :)

Quoting wooly:

I'm doing this the next time I see my hairdresser. I'm already blond so she just has to add some low lights to the front. My hair has natural wave when it's freshly washed and I just ordered some wave products from Sally's to enhance the wave. You just put it in when your hair is really wet, not towleled dry. I have bangs that I like to wear long to hide the crazy eye shadow I like to wear! But I like the style andn it looks easy, just wash, condition, wring out excess water and add a little curl enhancer and go!

\

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:39 PM

LOL I really really thought you wanted advice on how to grow baby hair. I'm so sorry. (Please don't think I'm a jerk I have bald beauties too =/ I love the lil noggins)

Ever try curling it? I'd probably cut an inch or two off, not go drastic short or anything, and add some body to it. But it doesn't look bad now either. You're very pretty and could pull off short short if you wanted. If you can afford it, go visit a nice salon and get it cut/styled by someone that really knows their stuff. It's a great treat and you really only have to splurge once- after it's done and looks good you can go pretty much anywhere and have them keep it that way.

kali_mom
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:44 PM
I agree!

Quoting Dqnana:

You have a great face and a great smile! I am thinking that those frames may not be the best choice for you, but it is hard to say with this photo. Treat yourself to a hair style by someone who has been Vidal Sassoon trained. That is all about the shape and the cut.  It may seem like a lot of money, but it will be totally worth it in the long run.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rkkeller13
by Kristy on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this
It is hard. But here is a few tips to find one you do love.
1. Steer clear of chain salons, they get incentives for doing the most cuts a month. So they really aren't going to take the time with you and they will cut corners to get you out faster. A good haircut should take an hour and include a shampoo and blowdry.
2. Try out the salon first before making the cut (lol). Call up the salon and schedule a shampoo and style. That way you can see the salon, and meet the stylist. And then you can talk about what your looking for in the cut and color. A good stylist will look you in the eyes, not talk about herself but talk to you about your likes and dislikes, will repeat back in her own words of what your looking for (that's how you know she understands what you want).
3. As for references. A good stylist has no problems letting you talk to some of her clients. I never did. I always asked my regulars if they wouldn't mind talking to potential new clients.
I hope these tips helped out a bit. Now I'm gonna post the pics. All of these pics are the same cut just styled differently. So it shows the different options to the cut.

Quoting Anonymous:

If I were near you, I totally would let you do what you wanted with it! I don't really have a salon I like. I used to go to one place but my hairdresser moved. I went back but I didn't like the cut :( Why is it so hard to find a hairdresser I love?

Quoting rkkeller13:

For you I would really suggest leaving the length. It looks as if you've got thick hair. So I think you could rock a heavily textured shaggy cut. It will take a bit out the weight and give you movement and volume. Plus it will be easy to style (which is something all mommy's need). I actually wished I could get my hands in your hair, lol. I'm a state licensed cosmotologist, in Wisconsin, and worked in a 5 star salon and day spa. I would also suggest a dark blonde to light brown highlights to break up your color giving you more depth. I'll look for a picture of what I'm talking about.

rkkeller13
by Kristy on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:37 AM

rkkeller13
by Kristy on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:37 AM

rkkeller13
by Kristy on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I have no idea why I only picked all blondes, lol. But this cut is super cute with multi-tonal browns. Butits a super easy to maintain cut, I've even rocked this cut before!
Liz_Rocket
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:43 AM
That baby's saying, "yeah bitches, my mom's hot, what you got to say about it!"

I like your hair. Don't cut it. I think you should let it grow. You would be stunning with long hair.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)