Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My teenager made a BURN BOOK, wwyd?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Okay so for Christmas I bought my daughter a little scrap book/photo album type book. I was in her room looking to see if she had any glasses up there and I found the book. It looked like she used it so I thought I'd flip through to see the creative stuff she'd come up with. I was so shocked with what I saw!

The first page read "BURN BOOK" yes, like in the Mean Girls movie. There were pictures of her school mates through out the book with mean words written per page. Things like "Skank, talks like a man, Ashley wannabe, troll face" and much more. My daughter is so sweet or so I thought. She is involved in school and everyone always talks about what a smiley and nice girl she is. I'm guessing her 2 best friends made this book with her because it didn't all look like her writing and those 2 weren't in it but that doesn't make it okay.

What would you do in this situation? Do I just chalk it up as teenage girl crap or punish her for it? I work at her school sometimes(subsitute teacher) and she doesn't seem to have a problem with anyone. I've seen her talk to these girls that are in the book. I know some of them. They aren't her close friends but they talk and hang out sometimes. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Replies (21-25):
Liz_Rocket
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think she's a bully either, but the people who work at schools might by virtue of the burn book. They're getting crazy about what classifies as bullying these days.
Aleta775
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:53 PM
I wouldn't do anything. I see it as being no different than a diary. She Should be able to express her feelings. Just talk to her to make sure things are okay at school.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jazmyn1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:19 PM
It may be typical girl stuff they are all two faces but you should talk to her about it. Shes going to be pissed you looked tho just fyi.
marihla
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I would take her to her principal and you can all have a nice discussion about bullying.

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:29 PM
She's obviously very easily influenced, if you truly believe she wouldn't be doing these things on her own. Put a stop to it now. Don't allow her to be one of "those" girls. You may think she's an angel, but girls like that can really hurt others. And it's allowing her to place too much importance on appearance and social status. Don't sweep this under the rug.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)