Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoption

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
3 moms liked this
Let me start by saying that I am 100% pro-choice. If adoption is what the woman wants then that's great.
However, adoption is not the magic "fix all" solution that a lot of people seem to think.
First of all, it isn't a womans responsibility to continue a pregnancy for anyone unless SHE decides to do so. It isn't the womans fault that you can't become pregnant.
Second of all, there are so many unadopted children as it is. Don't those children deserve forever homes too?
Third of all, adoption isn't 100%. The birth mom can change her mind as can the adoptive parent(s).

I think that people who automatically say "adoption" need to open their mind a little bit more.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elliotmommytobe
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Thank you some one else gets it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by Jenn on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Or, maybe people have opened their minds as much as they need or want to, and still believe in adoption. I have 3 adopted brothers. It worked out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you are simply trying to stir a pot that has had a spoon in it recently.

haydsmom2007
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:37 PM

i would never put a baby up for adoption. there are already so many unwated kids. why would I put another one out there?

Rlmama00
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Adoption is a better option than abortion or bringing a life into an unstable home. No matter what, if adoption is being considered then there's really no 100% perfect choice because all 3 will have heart ache involved.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:33 PM
4 moms liked this
I'm not sure what you are saying here.
Of course no one is obligated to a have a child and place her for adoption. Of course it's not another woman's fault that another cant become pregnant. And of course either party can change their mind before its finalized.
Yet, sometimes someone is pregnant and doesn't want another child. And there is a woman who really wants a child. And paths converge and a simbiotic relationship occurs.
It happens all the time. It happened for me. (Doesn't matter which side).
It sounds like you had a bad experience in some way. Sorry if that is the case. It's not always though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:38 PM

You're right. But don't you think all the pro-birth bitches have heard it all before? Nothing will fix their brain damage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:38 PM
It's your call of course, but there is a waiting list for people who want to adopt a newborn. No baby will be waiting to be adopted in america. Just informing, not trying to sway your beliefs.

But, older children, teens, yes, that's true. There are a lot, and I so respect the adoptive parents who can do that.

Quoting haydsmom2007:

i would never put a baby up for adoption. there are already so many unwated kids. why would I put another one out there?

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Infant adoption is a dirty business. I would never put a baby up for adoption because it is a half step above selling a child.
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
If a person is so desperate to be a parent, they should adopt an available child.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's your call of course, but there is a waiting list for people who want to adopt a newborn. No baby will be waiting to be adopted in america. Just informing, not trying to sway your beliefs.

But, older children, teens, yes, that's true. There are a lot, and I so respect the adoptive parents who can do that.

Quoting haydsmom2007:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured