Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Please help me make sense of this- kinda long

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
I have a friend who had a baby about 2 months ago. She has been posting about being depressed so I was taking to her about ppd and suggested she called the doctor. He was also my ob with both of my pregnancies, so I know they will be kind to her. This is a conversation from this evening. I was talking to her about ppd yesterday so today when she posted her status I asked if she had called yet. One of her other friends commented and I am unsure I'd she is taking to me or my friend so I haven't responded because I don't wasn't to make myself look like an ass.
Here is the post:

B: The reason im the women i am is because i dont have time for *bull* i dont let a guy period sweet talk me anymore and tell everything i wanna hear to play with my heart! my heart is not made of glass its not made to get broke its made of gold:) everywhere i go i shine with no worries! im not the same girl i was yesterday or the day before im the new me the one who dont care anymore:) i love my boys and thats all that matters no more neg stuff im just gonna sit back and watch and say told you so :) sorry people venting on everything
A(me):Good for you girl! Your babies must come first. Have you gotten a chance to call Dr. S yet?

B: No im glad you said im bout to call

A: K good luck

B: I called him today they set me appointment for tomorrow at 3 what will they probably do

A: I'm not exactly sure since I haven't dealt with ppd but I imagine they will ask you questions and talk to you about treatment options

B:Oh alrighity:)

A:Just be completely honest about everything you are experiencing or they won't be able to properly help you and they will not judge you at all

R(other friend. I don't know her): How did you obtain such perfection tell me your secret....

Ok, so does that seem to be directed at me? Did I come off as a "perfect bitch"? I was just trying to help my friend. Sorry if it's a pita to read, I am mobile. Thanks in advance
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:02 PM

You had a private conversation on FB?  Isn't that a bit tacky?

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:03 PM
What does pita mean?

I wouldn't think that comment was directed toward you but it makes no sense no matter who she was referring to lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I think her comment was in reference to your friend's original post... you know... the line about her heart not being glass, but being made of gold and such.

Just ignore.

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I would say she is directing that comment to the original status.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emmasmommy52212
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:05 PM
I dont think she was directing it towards you. I think she was talking about the original post your friend made.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this
PITA= Pain in the ass ;)

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

What does pita mean?

I wouldn't think that comment was directed toward you but it makes no sense no matter who she was referring to lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marihla
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:05 PM

No it sounds like she was replying to the original post, not to you.

VintageWife
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:06 PM

She's talking to your friend. Most likely because she said she shines wherever she goes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:07 PM
I would have asked the friend if she was talking to me, but that's just me.
JTE11
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I think maybe I wouldn't talk about this on FB anymore, and as for the "R" post, I'd just ignore it. She has no place in this conversation (even though it was out there for everyone to see) and anyone who addresses someone in that manner doesn't deserve an response. So just ignore it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN