Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tubal Ligation; TOTAL REGRET... This is a rant for women who hate it only

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 93 Replies
2 moms liked this

Me, Everyday I totally regret doing it now that Im in a new relationship. What's even more cruel is he wants kids and so do I.. We plan on waiting two years for the reversal. Why did I get it done? The not so loving ex husband and I agreed that this was best and at the time we were still together. I was glad I had it done when I was casually dating. I hate that I still ovulate as a constant reminder and secretly light candles and meditated doing whatever fertility spell I can think of hoping my body heals itself. I wish someone talked me out of it. I think women should wait at least until they are 35-40 before doing this and not 30. Who HATES IT?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K_D88
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Bump I've never had one. Would like to hear feedback though
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jacandjay
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I had one 3 yrs ago and have never had so many medical problems as i have had once i got this done..i very much so regret it.. wish i had been told of the risks..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Irenesmommy
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:35 AM

I'm 37 I got mine when I was 30, I love it. You can look into reversing it

mommytoacloud
by Angel on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Total regret.....i was so frustrated
hunnybunny2001
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Had mine two years ago no regrets at all..

zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:38 AM

I totally love it because I did it for me, not as a compromise. I also did it at 24 and I'm 29 now and I still couldn't be happier. One of the best decisions I ever made. Even if I were to become single and happen to met someone else, one thing for sure is that I don't want to ever become pregnant again. 

Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I had mine done at the age of 21 and never regretted it. If I hadn't gotten it done, I'd have had at least a baker's dozen of kids by now.  

Youngmother456
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:39 AM
I think it's would be more stressful and a waste of your time and energy hoping that your body will just heal itself.

I haven't gotten it done but I would if I had the money. I'm 19. I have 1 son already and my future plans do not involve more PERIOD. Not wanting a more kids is one of my nonnegotiables for when I start dating.

Good luck

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiDoMama
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:41 AM
I'm considering getting mine tied after I have my baby and my husband is also getting a vasectomy. I don't think I'll regret it, but I do think its not a decision to make lightly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:43 AM
2 moms liked this

I was 30, I just had my last baby and decided that I was done. I thought I was going to be in my marriage forever so I thought why not.. all my kids were birth control babies and at the time I felt that this was the only way to solve that problem.. Yes I know sex causes pregnancy but birth control really wasn't working for me any more. So I made an appointment to an obgyn, they told me about the procedure but they also tell you its supposed to be permanent. Depending on the type you get ( cut and burned) or clips chances of getting pregnant are slim to none. What they don't tell you is Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome.. Tired, Achy, Pregnancy Like symptoms, Late periods, bloated, ETC.. Google it.. What they don't tell you is tubes that are cut and burned or cut and tied have a 1% each year of growing back together. With the clips they don't tell  you that one or both can migrate its way through your body ( slicing through your abdomen, bladder ETC) The pain afterwards is a stabbing pain in your shoulder ( the gas used to blow up your abdomen) seeps through your shoulder to escape. My body has never been the same again.. Each month Im late and each month i get pregnancy symptoms and I cry every single time my period starts.. Because I do want it to fail. But alas it doesn't... So unless you are 100% done and happily married ( which is odd because once a women can no longer bare children.. The husband gets really mean) Don't ask me why but it happens.. Although you both agree on it, he gets weird about it afterwards and most women end up in a new relationships where surprise he wants a baby.. So i think its best to wait until your damn near menopause

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)