Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ATTN SMOKERS!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

PLEASE for the love of Christ!  Do not sit in a hotel room and puff away with only the window cracked!  YOU WILL SET OFF MY ALARMS!  Its 230 am and youre pissing everyone off because I have to go through EVERY damn room and find it before I can run down the 3 flights of stairs to shut it off.  THEN tell me, well I didnt know it would set the alarm off.  Its a fucking SMOKE alarm. OH YEAH and dont ignore me banging on your door.  I have to get in the room.  Catching you fanning it off thinking youll shut it off your self is stupid.  Its a central system not like the one in your kitchen, dumb-ass! Im still shaking from the adreniline and Im just *CANT WAIT* for the wonderful things I get to hear in the morning.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Wow, where I stay they charge you $500. if you're smoking in their non smoking rooms.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Can't they be thrown out if they are caught smoking in the rooms???

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:41 AM

Quoting wooly:

Wow, where I stay they charge you $500. if you're smoking in their non smoking rooms.

No its a smoking room.  But people stay locked up in their room, not opening the door, running the fan(which only recirculates the air.. NOT BRING IN NEW!) crack their window a smidgen.  Then are shocked when their smoke filled room sets them off.  (and we only charge 150)

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:41 AM

I asked to move because of a smoker the last time we stayed in a hotel. I'm pregnant and he was stinkin up the whole hallway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:43 AM

Quoting Sassy762:

No its a charge. Once its done its done they have to pay. BUT we have 8 smoking rooms that the owner refuses to switch to non.  Its the biggest pain in the ass and the #1 complaint that we get.  If he took them out things would be so much easier.  I dont do well with the fire alarm and he knows it.  Tonight he yelled at me for taking so long to get it shut off.  But when people lock the security latch I CANT get in.*FML*

Kage336
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:44 AM

Wow, I forget not every state passed a law against smoking in buildings. I'm a smoker, but smoking inside feels really weird. I'd be pissed!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:45 AM
so glad our alarms aren't central. in our room they go off at least once a week when DH is cooking, LoL! not once have the managers checked on us.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:45 AM

His ass should have been the one running to shut it off since he refuses to change those rooms to non smoking....smdh

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Sassy762:

No its a charge. Once its done its done they have to pay. BUT we have 8 smoking rooms that the owner refuses to switch to non.  Its the biggest pain in the ass and the #1 complaint that we get.  If he took them out things would be so much easier.  I dont do well with the fire alarm and he knows it.  Tonight he yelled at me for taking so long to get it shut off.  But when people lock the security latch I CANT get in.*FML*

opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:46 AM

oh boy more smoking drama oh boy oh boy oh boy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:46 AM

Quoting wkukid:

I asked to move because of a smoker the last time we stayed in a hotel. I'm pregnant and he was stinkin up the whole hallway.

If I have a pregnant woman or someone with kids and they request by the elevator on 3rd(our smoking floor and the east end) I will warn them that its the smoking end of the floor so they can choose another room. I hate it when people take kids and babies in smoking rooms.  I feel SO BAD for them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)