Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Iphone 4 questions

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:40 AM
  • 37 Replies

Update: After much deliberation I chose to go with the Motorola Razr M. I am going through best buy instead of Verizon because BBY has the Razr M for FREE!! I'm bumping this so that maybe someone else sees that the company doesn't always have the best deals. The Maxx is $50 for anyone interested.

Oh and this decision was also made after I dropped my phone yesterday at work and shattered the screen. Iphones seem to be so much more delicate and this is the first time I've dealt with a shattered screen with either of my droids (the droid 2 was thrown and it didn't shatter, but it also quit working completely lol). I was pretty shocked to pick up my phone after the drop to find a shattered screen, but oh well.

My phone upgrade status has come through. The Iphone 4 is on the free list for my provider. I have an android presently (Droid X and I really like it, but it's 2+ years old and having a couple issues).

If you went from Droid to Iphone is getting used to a new operating system a pain?

Do you like it better?

Should I just wait to see if one of the other Droid phones go to the free list soon and just deal with what I have for now?

ETA: My sister has the Iphone 3. I'm going to play with her phone on Saturday and maybe go from there. The other phone I'm considering is the Razr M which is only $50, but free is better lol.

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
your_angel
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I personally am in love with apple so I'm biased and do think the Iphone is better than any android device on the market right now.

However, I did used to be an android user so when you get your first Iphone you'll be confused for a little while about how to set things up, but its user friendly to me anyways and I honestly think you'll like it.

nikabear
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:44 AM
My evo died and we got iPhones.... I mean it's a great phone but I miss my android! It does a lot more than my evo though.....I have had it about a month now
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Mary on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:47 AM

Thanks for your opinion. I kinda want to see if the 4s hits the free list soon. I wanna talk to Siri.

Quoting your_angel:

I personally am in love with apple so I'm biased and do think the Iphone is better than any android device on the market right now.

However, I did used to be an android user so when you get your first Iphone you'll be confused for a little while about how to set things up, but its user friendly to me anyways and I honestly think you'll like it.

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:48 AM
I'm an apple lover I currently have the 4s. Just make sure U but apple care And the otterbox defender or a life proof case especially if u are rough on phones like I am I shattered my screen last night ( didn't have either if those cases on it and didn't buy apple care for it. Yet I have it on every other apple product I own, ya I know dumb move on my part). So tomorrow and $75 bucks later ) I will have it fixed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Mary on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:48 AM

I haven't heard great things about Evos. I had a Droid 2 and it was horrible after a year, but I had issues with it from the get go. The X is second hand and just now giving me issues.

Quoting nikabear:

My evo died and we got iPhones.... I mean it's a great phone but I miss my android! It does a lot more than my evo though.....I have had it about a month now

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:49 AM
It won't until sept unless apple decides to release the 5s sooner

Quoting mattiehatter:

Thanks for your opinion. I kinda want to see if the 4s hits the free list soon. I wanna talk to Siri.

Quoting your_angel:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Mary on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:50 AM

I'm not rough on phones which is one of the reasons I'm considering it, but the fact that the screen is glass makes me a bit leery. How much is Apple care?

Quoting Fields456:

I'm an apple lover I currently have the 4s. Just make sure U but apple care And the otterbox defender or a life proof case especially if u are rough on phones like I am I shattered my screen last night ( didn't have either if those cases on it and didn't buy apple care for it. Yet I have it on every other apple product I own, ya I know dumb move on my part). So tomorrow and $75 bucks later ) I will have it fixed

mattiehatter
by Mary on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:51 AM

Boooo I wanna talk to Siri!

Quoting Fields456:

It won't until sept unless apple decides to release the 5s sooner

Quoting mattiehatter:

Quoting your_angel:

Keara20
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:51 AM
I like it a lot better and wish I would have went for an iPhone in the first place.
nikabear
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:51 AM
We got the iPhone 4s. We also did the update as well and it's cool I guess. I had my evo for about two years and never had any major problems.....

Quoting mattiehatter:

I haven't heard great things about Evos. I had a Droid 2 and it was horrible after a year, but I had issues with it from the get go. The X is second hand and just now giving me issues.

Quoting nikabear:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN