Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Update: After much deliberation I chose to go with the Motorola Razr M. I am going through best buy instead of Verizon because BBY has the Razr M for FREE!! I'm bumping this so that maybe someone else sees that the company doesn't always have the best deals. The Maxx is $50 for anyone interested.

Oh and this decision was also made after I dropped my phone yesterday at work and shattered the screen. Iphones seem to be so much more delicate and this is the first time I've dealt with a shattered screen with either of my droids (the droid 2 was thrown and it didn't shatter, but it also quit working completely lol). I was pretty shocked to pick up my phone after the drop to find a shattered screen, but oh well.

My phone upgrade status has come through. The Iphone 4 is on the free list for my provider. I have an android presently (Droid X and I really like it, but it's 2+ years old and having a couple issues).

If you went from Droid to Iphone is getting used to a new operating system a pain?

Do you like it better?

Should I just wait to see if one of the other Droid phones go to the free list soon and just deal with what I have for now?

ETA: My sister has the Iphone 3. I'm going to play with her phone on Saturday and maybe go from there. The other phone I'm considering is the Razr M which is only $50, but free is better lol.

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:40 AM
Replies (11-20):
C.S.K.L
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:05 AM
I had the evo slide/shift which ever it's called and now have the iPhone 4, I miss my evo :,(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:05 AM
I think for the iPhone it's. &99 but I'm not positive That also includes apple tech support after the 90 days the give you And I think an additional year or 2 of warranty

I dropped it face down from 4 ft up on textured tile Abd the Corner of the tile hit the center if my screen. It was like the 100 th time I have dropped it since August. I am waiting on my replacement otterbox commuter case to get here because I managed to crack the case in 2 places from dropping it so many times

I have also drowned a razor phone dropped and drove over a flip phone and flushed an lg chocolate down a toilet at a bar.

Quoting mattiehatter:

I'm not rough on phones which is one of the reasons I'm considering it, but the fact that the screen is glass makes me a bit leery. How much is Apple care?

Quoting Fields456:

I'm an apple lover I currently have the 4s. Just make sure U but apple care And the otterbox defender or a life proof case especially if u are rough on phones like I am I shattered my screen last night ( didn't have either if those cases on it and didn't buy apple care for it. Yet I have it on every other apple product I own, ya I know dumb move on my part). So tomorrow and $75 bucks later ) I will have it fixed

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TXbornmama
by Rachel<3 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:08 AM
I went from an older google phone to an iPhone and its a good operating system I would never go back to anything but an apple now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:12 AM

Had a Love/Hate relationship with my Evo. I had so many problems that I got my provider to push an early upgrade through for me. Got the Iphone 4s last April. I got Apple Care plus on it (free for first year & $100 per phone for second year)> I LOVE my Iphone & definitely reccomend getting the Apple Care plus. I was NOT a big Apple fan, in fact, I hated the Mac's when I had to use them in school, so if you'd have told me then that I'd actually WANT an Apple anything, I'd have told you you were nuts. My husband also has an Apple 4s. His phone had an issue & Apple made it so simple to swap it out for a new one, since we got Apple Care Plus on our phones. Tech support has been so nice & helpful, no foreign accents, each time I've had to deal with them, not to mention extremely patient. Can't say the same for the over the phone tech support from my cell phone carrier. I think what YOU will like is very individual. Best advice I can give, go to your cell phone carrier & play with the phones in store & see what you like best. That's what I did when choosing our new phones (my husband is fine with whatever phone I choose, as long as it's a smart phone LOL). I went & played with the phones several times before making a decision on what I wanted & haven't regretted my choice for a moment. Oh, I wouldn't worry TOO much about the screen being glass, just invest in a good case for it. I bought an otterbox commuter last year when I got my iphone & this year decided I wanted a Lifeproof box instead. I've dropped my phone a few times on accident, but you'd never know it to look at the phone. My husband has an otterbox defender for his phone, which has also been accidentally dropped more than a few times, but you can't tell that by looking at the phone. Good luck finding the right phone for you!

mattiehatter
by Mary on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:12 AM

I cannot say that I would ever go for a google or a windows phone. I don't like how they are set up.

Quoting TXbornmama:

I went from an older google phone to an iPhone and its a good operating system I would never go back to anything but an apple now.

angie729
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:17 AM

Well I went from the iphone to a driod. I like the driod better than my iphone I had.

mattiehatter
by Mary on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:17 AM

Thank you. My sister has an Iphone 3. I'm going to play with hers and see how I like playing with hers first. I considered Iphone from the start and was talked into the Droid 2 and I liked it pretty well until the glitch that brought down most of the Droid 2's affected my phone. I like playing games mostly on my phone, but I like it for other things as well. My husband just laughs at me because all he wants is what he calls the dumb phone.

Quoting Anonymous:

Had a Love/Hate relationship with my Evo. I had so many problems that I got my provider to push an early upgrade through for me. Got the Iphone 4s last April. I got Apple Care plus on it (free for first year & $100 per phone for second year)> I LOVE my Iphone & definitely reccomend getting the Apple Care plus. I was NOT a big Apple fan, in fact, I hated the Mac's when I had to use them in school, so if you'd have told me then that I'd actually WANT an Apple anything, I'd have told you you were nuts. My husband also has an Apple 4s. His phone had an issue & Apple made it so simple to swap it out for a new one, since we got Apple Care Plus on our phones. Tech support has been so nice & helpful, no foreign accents, each time I've had to deal with them, not to mention extremely patient. Can't say the same for the over the phone tech support from my cell phone carrier. I think what YOU will like is very individual. Best advice I can give, go to your cell phone carrier & play with the phones in store & see what you like best. That's what I did when choosing our new phones (my husband is fine with whatever phone I choose, as long as it's a smart phone LOL). I went & played with the phones several times before making a decision on what I wanted & haven't regretted my choice for a moment. Oh, I wouldn't worry TOO much about the screen being glass, just invest in a good case for it. I bought an otterbox commuter last year when I got my iphone & this year decided I wanted a Lifeproof box instead. I've dropped my phone a few times on accident, but you'd never know it to look at the phone. My husband has an otterbox defender for his phone, which has also been accidentally dropped more than a few times, but you can't tell that by looking at the phone. Good luck finding the right phone for you!

NBean311
by Chivette on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:18 AM

I love the 4s. I thought I would miss android software, but I honestly don't. The only things I miss are ringtone customization, and free music. Other than that, I think iPhones are a much better option. I did a lot of research and talked to a lot of people before buying, and I think I definitely made the right choice. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:18 AM
I have a Droid galaxy s2 & a iPhone 4s.
I don't see the major difference in using them.
I personally love my iPhone just for the security of it & it's not huge & bulky.
But I love my Droid for apps.
IPhones IMO are the best way to go if you're looking for a phone to make last.
But honestly I don't see the major difference in the two other than durability.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:19 AM

Can you get the 4s at a discount, even if you can't get it free? I got my 4s for a great price last spring. I love Siri, esp for sending text messages! Before the IOS upgrade to IOS6, people used to sometimes get the oddest texts from me if I didn't proof read before telling Siri to send, but now Siri reads them back to me & does better at just getting them right the first time

Quoting mattiehatter:

Boooo I wanna talk to Siri!

Quoting Fields456:

It won't until sept unless apple decides to release the 5s sooner

Quoting mattiehatter:

Thanks for your opinion. I kinda want to see if the 4s hits the free list soon. I wanna talk to Siri.

Quoting your_angel:

I personally am in love with apple so I'm biased and do think the Iphone is better than any android device on the market right now.

However, I did used to be an android user so when you get your first Iphone you'll be confused for a little while about how to set things up, but its user friendly to me anyways and I honestly think you'll like it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN