Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Update: After much deliberation I chose to go with the Motorola Razr M. I am going through best buy instead of Verizon because BBY has the Razr M for FREE!! I'm bumping this so that maybe someone else sees that the company doesn't always have the best deals. The Maxx is $50 for anyone interested.

Oh and this decision was also made after I dropped my phone yesterday at work and shattered the screen. Iphones seem to be so much more delicate and this is the first time I've dealt with a shattered screen with either of my droids (the droid 2 was thrown and it didn't shatter, but it also quit working completely lol). I was pretty shocked to pick up my phone after the drop to find a shattered screen, but oh well.

My phone upgrade status has come through. The Iphone 4 is on the free list for my provider. I have an android presently (Droid X and I really like it, but it's 2+ years old and having a couple issues).

If you went from Droid to Iphone is getting used to a new operating system a pain?

Do you like it better?

Should I just wait to see if one of the other Droid phones go to the free list soon and just deal with what I have for now?

ETA: My sister has the Iphone 3. I'm going to play with her phone on Saturday and maybe go from there. The other phone I'm considering is the Razr M which is only $50, but free is better lol.

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:40 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:22 AM
You can still have ringtone customization & music with the iPhone 4s.

Quoting NBean311:

I love the 4s. I thought I would miss android software, but I honestly don't. The only things I miss are ringtone customization, and free music. Other than that, I think iPhones are a much better option. I did a lot of research and talked to a lot of people before buying, and I think I definitely made the right choice. 

NBean311
by Chivette on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:24 AM

You do not have the same kind of ringtone options that you have with android software, and you have to pay for music on an iPhone. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NBean311:

I love the 4s. I thought I would miss android software, but I honestly don't. The only things I miss are ringtone customization, and free music. Other than that, I think iPhones are a much better option. I did a lot of research and talked to a lot of people before buying, and I think I definitely made the right choice. 

mattiehatter
by Mary on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:25 AM

Psssh I wouldn't want to do normal things with her. I want to ask her inappropriate questions lol. I can get a 4s for $100. I have voice to text on my phone and oh the things it thinks I have said.

Quoting Anonymous:

Can you get the 4s at a discount, even if you can't get it free? I got my 4s for a great price last spring. I love Siri, esp for sending text messages! Before the IOS upgrade to IOS6, people used to sometimes get the oddest texts from me if I didn't proof read before telling Siri to send, but now Siri reads them back to me & does better at just getting them right the first time

mattiehatter
by Mary on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:26 AM

Because of itunes?

Quoting NBean311:

You do not have the same kind of ringtone options that you have with android software, and you have to pay for music on an iPhone. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NBean311:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:27 AM
I have the exact same ringtones I have on my iPhone4s as I do my galaxy s2.
It's all a matter of is it worth your time to learn to do it ;)

Quoting NBean311:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NBean311:

NBean311
by Chivette on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:28 AM

Yes, and because due to Apple's requirements for app development, there aren't free apps for music like there are in the google play store. 

Quoting mattiehatter:

Because of itunes?

Quoting NBean311:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NBean311:

mattiehatter
by Mary on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:31 AM

I have apparently not found those apps! I have itunes which makes it easy to transfer music over to the itunes app.

Quoting NBean311:

Yes, and because due to Apple's requirements for app development, there aren't free apps for music like there are in the google play store. 

Quoting mattiehatter:

Because of itunes?

Quoting NBean311:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NBean311:

NBean311
by Chivette on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:32 AM

Then you'll be set! :)

Quoting mattiehatter:

I have apparently not found those apps! I have itunes which makes it easy to transfer music over to the itunes app.

Quoting NBean311:

Quoting mattiehatter:

Because of itunes?

Quoting NBean311:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NBean311:

happykitty316
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:07 AM

I just got the iphone 4 for the same reason - it was a free upgrade.  I can't compare it to a droid since I had a basic phone, but I really like it so far.

kisha89
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:12 AM
I personally hated my iphone 4 I had it for 2 years and when it was time to upgrade I switched to android. I now have the samsung galaxy note 2 and COULDNT be happier. I will never buy apple again. So many more options with android. I have the freedom to make my phone personalized to fit me. I love it. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)