Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Update: After much deliberation I chose to go with the Motorola Razr M. I am going through best buy instead of Verizon because BBY has the Razr M for FREE!! I'm bumping this so that maybe someone else sees that the company doesn't always have the best deals. The Maxx is $50 for anyone interested.

Oh and this decision was also made after I dropped my phone yesterday at work and shattered the screen. Iphones seem to be so much more delicate and this is the first time I've dealt with a shattered screen with either of my droids (the droid 2 was thrown and it didn't shatter, but it also quit working completely lol). I was pretty shocked to pick up my phone after the drop to find a shattered screen, but oh well.

My phone upgrade status has come through. The Iphone 4 is on the free list for my provider. I have an android presently (Droid X and I really like it, but it's 2+ years old and having a couple issues).

If you went from Droid to Iphone is getting used to a new operating system a pain?

Do you like it better?

Should I just wait to see if one of the other Droid phones go to the free list soon and just deal with what I have for now?

ETA: My sister has the Iphone 3. I'm going to play with her phone on Saturday and maybe go from there. The other phone I'm considering is the Razr M which is only $50, but free is better lol.

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:40 AM
Replies (31-37):
mattiehatter
by Mary on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:14 AM
If I don't like my sisters phone I will go with the razr m.

Quoting kisha89:

I personally hated my iphone 4 I had it for 2 years and when it was time to upgrade I switched to android. I now have the samsung galaxy note 2 and COULDNT be happier. I will never buy apple again. So many more options with android. I have the freedom to make my phone personalized to fit me. I love it. Lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kisha89
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:18 AM
I would if I were you. Iphones dont have a flash player so most videos wont play on your phone and music costs to download. I actually know a way to illegally get music for iphone and make ringtones but being able to just download music without the hassle of buying them then transfering them through iTunes is just so much better lol

Quoting mattiehatter:

Quoting kisha89:

I personally hated my iphone 4 I had it for 2 years and when it was time to upgrade I switched to android. I now have the samsung galaxy note 2 and COULDNT be happier. I will never buy apple again. So many more options with android. I have the freedom to make my phone personalized to fit me. I love it. Lol

mattiehatter
by Mary on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:21 AM

PM it to me if you would. I used to use a site to download stuff from youtube, but it got shut down.

Quoting kisha89:

I would if I were you. Iphones dont have a flash player so most videos wont play on your phone and music costs to download. I actually know a way to illegally get music for iphone and make ringtones but being able to just download music without the hassle of buying them then transfering them through iTunes is just so much better lol

Quoting mattiehatter:

Quoting kisha89:

kisha89
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:25 AM
Oh no that's how I did it. :/ I wonder if its the one you were using it was a YouTube mp3 converter site.

Quoting mattiehatter:

PM it to me if you would. I used to use a site to download stuff from youtube, but it got shut down.

Quoting kisha89:

Quoting mattiehatter:

Quoting kisha89:

mattiehatter
by Mary on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:28 AM

Yeah. It got shut down a few month back :/. I've been looking for a new one since. All of my downloads went to itunes and windows mp3 player. I have a ton of music in there though.

Quoting kisha89:

Oh no that's how I did it. :/ I wonder if its the one you were using it was a YouTube mp3 converter site.

blueeyedpixie
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:35 AM
Siri is overrated... lol I've talked to Siri only a few times. I always forget she's on there and actually ended up turning her off cuz she eats up the battery.

I too was an android user and switched to iPhone. I love my iPhone!!! But there are things I miss about the android(can't think of any at the moment cuz it's too early lol). When it comes time to upgrade I'm going to have a hard time deciding lol

Eta: one thing I hate about the iPhone is the phone store can't do anything if you have a problem. You have to go to an apple store. Which is a pain by me cuz you have to make an appt otherwise you wait hours. And even with an appt you wait forever. And if there's no apple store by you then you are kinda screwed...:(

Quoting mattiehatter:

Thanks for your opinion. I kinda want to see if the 4s hits the free list soon. I wanna talk to Siri.

Quoting your_angel:

I personally am in love with apple so I'm biased and do think the Iphone is better than any android device on the market right now.

However, I did used to be an android user so when you get your first Iphone you'll be confused for a little while about how to set things up, but its user friendly to me anyways and I honestly think you'll like it.

mattiehatter
by Mary on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Bumping! Just for the decision and the awesome deal I got!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN