Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is the Civil War Still going on? Do Southerners Still hate the Yankees?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

My friend is moving from yankee territory, to Ga, and he's a little apprehensive, due to the stories he's heard about the treatment the southerners give the transplant yankees...rude, hostile, and downright possessive of the south was how it was described to him.  What can he expect?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:05 AM

I'm in the south, not Ga but NC...I don't think that's true. He is probably getting horror stories from a select few.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:06 AM
3 moms liked this
People will give him shit for it, mostly joking. Just like a lot of yankees say shit about southerners. But you would have to go to a really backwoods town to find actual hate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:07 AM

Where is he moving to?  I haven't seen to much hostiliy towards transplants up here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:08 AM

savannah Ga

Quoting WesternNYmom:

Where is he moving to?  I haven't seen to much hostiliy towards transplants up here.

Unoriginal.
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:09 AM
Yes the War of Northern Aggression is still going on!
If you dont eat grits, drink sweet tea, call everyone sugar, darling' or honey and use the word ma'am at least thirty seven times a week you have no business below the Mason Dixon line!!!

Its just plain shameful how these Yankees come down here disrespectin' our heritage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenGray
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:12 AM

I went from living in Michigan to living in GA, and I had no where near any experience like what he's heard. Now I have ran into a few racists people, but they were genearlly quiet about it, unless they drank alcohol lol

shimmifairy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:17 AM
That's really kind of silly....people are people everywhere, abd he may get teased cor his accent just as a southerner would by friends made up north....but real aggression? Someone is having a laugh at his expense....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:26 AM
1 mom liked this
As long as he doesn't try to free their slaves, he should be fine...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:35 AM

Twenty years ago I went to a HS graduation once and was at a party afterwards and the other kids stood around questioning me, wanting to know what it was like growing up as a YANKEE.  I shit you not.  Seriously, I had no idea what the hell they were talking about and had to ask my cousin.  (his party and friend)

Very strange.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:36 AM

he mite wanna send one back up here to the 'free land'

Quoting Anonymous:

As long as he doesn't try to free their slaves, he should be fine...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)