Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help with four year old vomiting!! Update!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
My 4 year old has been throwing everything up for the last two days. She hasn't eaten anything since Sunday night, and she pretty much refuses to drink very much of anything I give her. She hasn't peed since Sunday...and I'm worried about her dehydrating. Any tips? Should I just take her to the emergency room? Her doctors office has zero appointments available.

** went to the ER, and they took her immediately and have her fluids through an IV and zofran. She is home now napping on the couch

** second update: we have been home since noon and she refuses to hardly drink anything. She hasn't moved off the couch in five hours. She ate one Popsicle, but that was at around one. Now she is asleep again. She barely could walk up the stairs to her room. I'm starting to get worried again...I can't FORCE her to drink. I've tried telling her everything from it will make her feel better to she will have to go to the hospital again, but nothing works!!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Bump
amyleigh80
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Please take her to the ER. She is severely dehydrated. she needs IV fluids STAT!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JC2223
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:54 AM

If you can't get her into the doctors office, definitely take her to the ER. If she hasn't pee'd since Sunday, she most likely extremely dehydrated. Hope she feels better soon!

navewife
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:54 AM
If she isnt peeing then she is dehydrated....I would take her to urgent care or er...she needs fluids and maybe they can give her something to stop the vomitting
rmfanfgljf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:54 AM
If she hasn't peed in a day I would take her to the er.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngeLnChainZ
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:54 AM

If she hasn't peed since Sunday she needs IV fluids!! Immediately! She is already dehydrated, Take her to the ER.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Ok thank you!
navewife
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Try popcicles
amyleigh80
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Once she gets the fluids in her and some anti nausea meds she will turn it all around. Dehydration can be extremely serious, not to mention the poor angel is miserable and needs help at this point.
Kelsmomma123
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Oh my yes take her to the er.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN