Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Might get fired from my job

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

My schedule changes every week. It's difficult because my SO works and we don't have day care. Apparently on Friday they decided to change my schedule (which was already set) for Saturday. They did this without telling me. Well, since I wasn't aware of the hours change I was a no call no show according to them. Which is ridiculous. Then today I couldn't make it into work because my SO  had to work. They know I can't work on Tuesday morning. They sounded annoyed on the phone. I'm probably going to loose my job over this. 

I am so stressed out and don't know what to do anymore. Life is way too stressful at the moment.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
december911
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:48 AM

where do you work

scarletmeshell
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I am sorry mama but it looks like they are trying to get rid of you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Lose Good luck, I hope you don't lose it. Doesn't sound fair.
Byrd15
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I'm sure you could fight that. Don't they have to tell you somehow when they change your hours? Not your fault.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lizardannie1966
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Maybe this is a blessing in disguise and you can find a job that is more accommodating to your home schedule?

Have you considered doing babysitting in your home? You wouldn't need daycare for your own child/ren and you could make money while being at home.

anyotherday
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:51 AM

doesnt sound like the job is a good fit for you anyway

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Good luck, and no matter what keep looking for a different job.  Even if they aren't trying to get rid of you that is some pretty crappy management.

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Normally schedules can change without notice, you need to check anyway to be sure. It sucks that that happened to you, it's happened to me before. I'm now paranoid about it.

And the other part, sounds like they're just being douches, or maybe forgot?

Aleta775
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I was going to say the same thing. It doesn't matter if you are a good employee, if they feel like they have to work around you at all, they could be irritated. It sucks and it is a crappy way to get of someone, but I have seen it happen before. I would start looking for another job right now. Good luck. 

Quoting scarletmeshell:

I am sorry mama but it looks like they are trying to get rid of you.

mommytothree07
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Sorry mama
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured